Doctors Need Not Apply/Costochondritis It Is

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by findmind, Jun 19, 2006.

1. findmind

findmind New Member

LOL, who needs drs. when we have each other???

Thank you all for the great information about chest wall pain.

I went to drs today armed with Nanjee's printed info about costochondritis, and all of your info and support!

The nurse immed. put me on EKG machine as my pulse was "thready" (?)! BP was great, no temp. EKG was normal, nurse was surprised...I told her common in CFS, esp.

Saw PA, my dr. away today. He was great...good questions, great exam (everywhere he touched, I screamed, lol), chest x-ray, labs to make sure no infection, and Naproxyn and Methrocarbmol (sp?) for inflammation and muscle spasms.

Called me at home within 2 hrs!!! Labs fine, no problems there; cxr shows mild COPD; but, he checked my bone density exam report I asked him to find, and it did show osteopenia due to osteoporosis.

He said my regular dr. will follow up on that. I don't WANT to take Fosamax, etc., heard bad things about them. Am taking 1000 mg Calcium, 800 Vit. D. and 250 mag. now...

Anyone know anything else I should do to help keep/get bones stronger? I have a hard time walking because of neck pain, but am going to try to do it anyhow.

Again, thank you all for being my "professionals", (just kidding, except for those of you who really are, of course!).

This board is the best resource on the www!!

Love ya all

There's always hope!
    findmind
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

OMG, what IS this???? It is so painful. We are both dying here. The meds are making us sick unless we eat a ton of food with them.

I cannot believe that in years of these dds (1987, FM & CFS), I have not had this ever!!!

How in the world could we both have gotten this at the same time?

Its so hard to take care of everything, the house, 3 yards, pool, lots of landscaping, cars, dogs, 2 rentals, oh, its endless.

And the groceries, I cook "fresh" each day!! Oh, I don't know how we're going to do this, we haven't been this sick at same time EVER, I think (memory gone).

Thank you all, for your help! I will find book, Perfect Bones, as I sure don't need to break anything because of osteoporosis! I've taken calc, mag., Vit. D for years, but still have it????

Must get better so I can at least walk a little each day.

Love you all,
    findmind
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

Hope I spelled that right...

Yes, swimming does help certain things, but with CFS,anything aerobic does me in for days!!

I can use the flotation belt and tread water, which is good for muscles.

I cannot swim because of the NO DISKS in neck! Such pain afterwards...

The arm exercises help strengthen the back and neck, or I'd be flat out all the time, not able to hold head up.

Thank you so much, dear person, for listening. I needed that!

findmind