doctors

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jandj13, Nov 9, 2006.

1. jandj13

jandj13 New Member

hello anyone !!!

i was diagnosed 4 yrs ago and have been put on many anti-depressants. most upset me,but effexor did work till 2 yrs ago--then the upsets. Ican not find any doctors who take me seriously or even know anything about this Fibro except they all tell you they have "heard" of it !!! I don't get much help from the medical community and cannot take most of the meds these doctors give me. Just got over Bronchitis(again) and in a flare but its manageable to a point. Is there a list of medical professionals by state who know anything about treating Fibromyalgia patients?? any help would be appreciated.I am new to this site but it seems everyone trys to help one another......Thanks !!!
  2. fwm

fwm New Member

I just walked out of the doc's office and am crying the blues. My doctor of 18 years REFUSES to acknowledge fibro and I am convinced that is what I have. Everyone just looks at me with a blank stare. I was rear-ended three weeks ago going home from work and right now am worse than ever. I just went through doing another MRI - which shows nothing - so my doctor just stares at me.........NO, I am not a chronic complainer - what I have is real. I hurt and I hurt - I now go in silence because of the blanks stares. I asked again this morning about Fibro because I already knew there was nothing there on the spine that requires any surgery BEFORE I went for this stupid MRI......once again he says, "Unfortunately, there is no REAL diagnosis for that, and while I realize you might have a problem, I can't diagnose that, and besides, there is no cure"......wellllll, does that mean I can have no treatment??? I don't get it, I just don't get it and NO ONE gets ME. I can't change doctors because of our insurance. We now have a doctor here in our town that I have seen advertising specializing in fibro, etc....WHAT DO I DO???? Do I save up my money and go outside my doctor and my insurance and go to him??? PLEASE - I feel your frustration - so I jumped on your post and thought some of our friends on this board could give us BOTH advice. Thanks for letting me vent here!
  3. jandj13

jandj13 New Member

Thanks for oyur reply. I started out like you ......car accident in '92 and surgery. Surgery did not eradicate my problem with my back and I would caution anyone before going in that direction but the MRI usually is a good benchmark for requirements.
    I hope we can get some understanding and help too !!
  4. fwm

fwm New Member

I actually was injured 5 years ago - a ladder broke on the deer stand I was in just as I was coming down - fell about 15 feet and landed on my shoulder and left side. Since that day I have had so many problems it is ridiculous. That is what really started all of this - it shifted my entire upper body. The prominent breast bone I had all my life was gone and I now have a serious constant pain in my upper back right at that vertebral prominence bone. It stays sore to even touch. Weird how when I get up in the mornings sometimes my back will pop......well, now my CHEST pops - isn't that weird? Anyway, my doc has me on pain meds for my back and muscle relaxers at night.....but that is as far as he will go. Thought I'd better clear that up because it sounds like from my post that all this just started after my recent wreck, when actually, the wreck has just flared everything up.....My fall is what led me ultimately to these boards. I went through so many tests with no help after that, then I started reading about fibro.....the main cause of fibro is from a trauma - I am convinced this is my problem - I just need someone else to believe in me. Anyway, hope we both get some help soon!!! This really wears on your mind as well!

[ advertisement ]