Does a Colon Cleanse Make You Feel Better?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Mar 17, 2009.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Is doing the colon cleanse the same as what you do when you clean out your colon before a colonoscopy? And does it make you feel better, or is it just a coincidence that I feel neither tired nor in pain today after my cleanse yesterday?

That is a pain, but if I could get some results like this that would last a few days, I would do it again for sure.

Thanks and God Bless
    [This Message was Edited on 03/18/2009]
  2. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I agree that when after I preparded for my last two colonoscopy I also felt alot better. Interesting. Must be getting rid of all the toxins.
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Did it last for awhile or just for that day?
  4. loto

loto Member

is that is isn't like the prep i did before my colonoscopy. The colon cleanse worked me for 2 to 3 days, and while it did clean me out pretty good, it made my stomach hurt, and gave me stronger "hearburn" (i also have acid reflux and take scrip for that). But, once the 3 days are over, my stomach feels better and it gets me back on track (more regular). I just know that colon cleanse takes longer to work for me than the "turbo" colon prep!!!!!!
  5. spacee

spacee Member

As in all CFS/FM "treatments", somethings work for some, not for others.

I just went through a three month round of colon cleansing on the advice of a person who is knowledgeable about this DD.

Did NADA for me...wish it had. The woman who did the treatment was at death's door when she started her own cleansing (by a professional) and it cured her. So, she went to school to become a practioner.

When I would go back she would ask me if I felt better afterward and I never did.

And this was nothing like a colonoscopy cleanse. I have had that and didn't feel better either.

For those of you who do...go for it! Just remember to keep the "good critters" in there...probiotics.

6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Who knows, it might just have been an accident. I am back at work today and back on the pain pills. I suspect mold here because it is an old old house turned into an office... but I have to work here right now so...

I was telling my husband about it last night (the feeling better and wondering) but I also said to him that this is how this DD is (I have FM). You do something and feel better (or worse) and start to wonder.. was it this, was it that. Bottom line you just don't know sometimes...

:-( Hey, at least I know I don't have colon cancer but I did have 2 small polyps removed.
  7. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

Sorry it took this long to get back to you I have not been on here. I might have worked for a couple of days When I do the enemia it last one day. I have IBS so bad that I take flax seed this other herbal stuff and I still can't go. If I did not have such a hard time (pun) maybe it would last longer. But I do feel better afterwords and I never feel better.

LISALOO New Member

I started them in December, I did see some improvement. It's stopped now. I do feel better for a day or two afterwards.

I just did one three days ago and now my intestines are killing me. I don't know what's going on but I think I may be off to the dr.

If you do it, go to a professional first, before home enemas. Really you can ask all kinds of questions. I thought it would be embarrasing so I did them home first, but then I learned some good things.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/19/2009]
  9. spacee

spacee Member

I think some people, maybe even one man who has a web site do coffee enemas with organic (cold) coffee for a boost. Never tried that myself...

10. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I noticed a huge difference in how I feel when I started using a product to keep the colon cleansed. I was always reluctant to use anything because my system is so sensitive, but for most of my life I had problems with constipation.

Anyway, most products don't agree with me until I tried acacia fiber. I ran across it when reading about IBS. I started with 1/2 tsp and now take 1 tsp a day. I am also using a product called Miracle Reds - a antioxidant powder that I mix with water and add the acacia fiber each night.

I am very energetic and no aches or pains. I also take a med to keep the fibro under control but the acacia definitely made a difference. I had never heard of acacia but it is like a powder you mix with water. Nothing like Metamucil or other fibers. It doesn't cause any bloating.