Does a low CD57 result point to bacterial infection?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Evadyl, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Evadyl

Evadyl New Member

Hi guys,

I have recently had this test performed and my result was 29. I have been reading that this test can be indicative of Lyme disease or a bacterial infection of some sort. There is however conflicting reports on this so am not sure. I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this.

Take care

2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

A low CD 57 can indicate lyme, a bacterial infection called borrelia burgdorferi.

Not everyone with lyme, however, has a low CD 57.

A lyme diagnosis is based on history and symptoms. It should never be ruled out with just a negative "lyme test" like a lyme titer or a western blot.

Many people with lyme have only ever had negative ""lyme tests".

Many people on this board later found out that their illness/symptoms were caused by a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection and associated coinfections like babesia, bartonella, ehrlichia, ect.

Here is an article on the CD 57 test and another must-read paper by a lyme expert....check out p 9-11 for symptom list and p 22-27 for coinfection symptoms and info....but read through the whole a couple other great sites...

For more info on lyme and associated coinfections you can go to on flash discussion......sign up for on the Medical Questions board and read posts and create your own posts asking any questions you have. also has a great Seeking a Doctor board, General Support board and Activism board.

There is a lyme board here too, but it's not real active.

All the best to you.
  3. munch1958

munch1958 Member