Does aanyone else have cysts ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amytx5, Apr 1, 2006.

1. amytx5

amytx5 New Member

I have cysts on my ovaries, adrenal glands, in my breast and on my spleen. I am wondering if this has any relation to Fibro?
    I am just so tired of all of the new symptoms that I have that are//are not related.
    Just curious to see if anyone else has anything similiar,
    Thanks
    Amy
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I have cysts in breast and behind my knee 9 baker's cyst).

Those are both common in FM, not sure about the other's.

claudia
  3. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Hi Amy

Have you had alot of falls or hits?

I had a hit to a sholder back in Jan that has resulted in 2 very large cysts that had to be removed.

They were under my arm pitt on my left side and they were the size of cherry tomatoes.

I did not relate this back to fms at all as the doc said fatty tumors can happen when you recieve a great blow to a body part.

Is this something that runs in your family history? My Dads twin sister got cysts that just grew and never amounted to anything other then they got uncomfortable and had to come out.

My Moms side well.... she had 6 in her family 1 brother and 5 girls, so 4 out of the 5 have had cancerous cysts in the armpitts area, so keep family history in check as not everythiung is to be blamed on fms.

I have never read anywhere else that this is a common thing or complaint by others with fms so I hope you have something done wiht yours.

I find out on wed if mine were cancerous or not.

GL Brenda
  4. amytx5

amytx5 New Member

I was in a car accident 7 yrs ago. I suppose that this could be attributed to the cysts on my spleen... I was hit from the right side but my left side went into the side of the car.
    I have a lot of shoulder pain ,hip pain etc all on my left side.

I am having a mammo on Wed to assess the breast cysts. I had an u/s of the breast and it showed them but they need to be evaluated further. My mom and aunt have fibrocystic breasts . Hopefully thats all it will turn out to be.

I will pray for good reports on yours as well.
    God Bless
    Amy
  5. hot-tubgirl

hot-tubgirl New Member

i have a large one on my finger right at the place where i would grasp things like turning the key in the car ignition. i was looking for info on cysts on the internet yesterday because i have such shooting stabbing pains in my legs, but my doctor kinda blew that off although she's sending me for another MRI. I have never read of cysts being more common in FM, but who knows?
    hot-tubgirl
  6. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Hi CClaudia what is a baker's cyst? never heard of them.

See impact or hits ect can make a difference. Not sure still how that happens exactly but pffffffft ok lol.

Think I may have one on the other side as well so waiting for tueday night for hubby to feel for it again then go get it checked at the same times as I get the staples out on the other one.

Thing is I used to have HUGE pain that would wake me at night in my elbows and now that this is gone on the lefft side the pain is more manegable hubby thinks maybe it had to do with the tumours pressing a nerve?? But I have had this elbow pain for years now over 4 or 5 at least and the lump just started froem ajn.

oh well.. sorry for typos tired and just too k drugs......... sighhhhhhh nearly bedtime hmmmmmmmmm...... hope to have nice dreams.

TTFN Brenda
  7. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

Yes, I have cysts in my breasts, I have that fibrocystic breast disease. I have also had cysts on my ovaries but now have had a hysterectomy.

When I was about 22yrs old I had my first surgery b/c the dr said that my right falopian tube and ovary was covered with cysts. Had been to many dr's who told me there was nothing wrong with me. Well after the surgery they said that that falopian tube and ovary was black and dead looking but that my left one looked great.

I was so happy the objective was to take out the bad falopain tube and ovary and leave the left one if at all possible b/c my husband and I wanted children.

Then 4yrs later I got pregnant, we had given up trying to have a baby and that is when it happened. I began crying when they came in the exam room and told me I was pregnant so that asked me if I didn't want the baby, I said that we had been waiting for this for so long, then they understood.

Then about 3-4wks later I was able to see my regular M.D. and he couldn't find the baby's heartbeat, after two visits he still couldn't find it, well since my mother already had cancer (he was also her dr) he said I may have a cancer that would mimic pregnancy, bot I just wanted to die.

Then he set me up for a sonogram in the next few days and they found the heartbeat and we got pictures of my son. That was a relief!

Sorry didn't mean to go on so long, Pamela
  8. Dara

Dara New Member

I have the Fibroid cysts in both breasts, had fibroid tumor in the uterus, had cysts on my ovaries, and have had at least six cysts that just kind of grow under the skin and have to have them surgically removed.

Some of them, the doctor has called a "Wynn", don't know what that means but those have always been on my head, in the hair area.

I think the cysts on the scalp must run in the family because my Grandfather had them and both my sister and I have them also. My sister also has FMS too.

The last cyst I had removed was on my chest right where the collar bone is. It was really kind of like a plugged oil gland. But, it got infected so my PCP sent me to a surgeon and he removed it. I couldn't believe how huge it was. On the surface it was nothing more than a large pore, but inside it was huge.

Dara
  9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

cysts on my ovaries and breasts. It's possible it could be a connection to FMS. I also have endometriosis.

Ellen
  10. suemorr

suemorr New Member

That's strange that so many of us have cysts. Another part of fibro I didn't know about? I have several cysts in my breasts, so the mammo is a yearly thing. I also have them on the back of my knees, and boy have they been acting up lately. I used to have big lumps in my upper arms that I thought one of my doctors said was related to my weight. I just noted recently that the one on the right arm is gone, and the left one is greatly reduced. Is that because I'm working on losing weight? Or something due to the fibro?
  11. lbuchanan3

lbuchanan3 New Member

I have Hydradenitis Suppurativa. Basically that is a condition that starts with infected or plugged apocrene (sweat) glands. I have had up to golf ball sized cysts from that under my arms, in groin, on stomach, on the back of my neck, on and under breasts. They are chronic and creat tunnels under the skin that link one to another. I am in stage III of the disease which is multiple tunnels and multiple cysts as well as newly diagnosed with FMS/CF, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes, and Sleep Apnea. Interesting what we all have in common.