does aerobics help? What dose of Evavil is helpful?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DiamondD, Feb 12, 2003.

1. DiamondD

DiamondD New Member

I am trying to get my life together, but I'm having a hard time of it. If anyone has any information or advice, I would appreciate it. I am taking 50mg Elavil and sometimes Ultram. I've had some improvement, but it seems I've plateaued. Where do I go from here?
  2. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hi DiamondD,
    I have been going to Curves for 8 months now and it has helped me so much to stay mobile. I also work and without it I am not sure I could keep up. It is all ladies, don't know if you are a man or women. Most ladies are between 30 and 70. It only takes a half hour and you can work as hard or slow as you like. Lots of streching at end of light resistance and soft aerobics. Don't know if this would interest you but it sure has helped me alot.
    Good luck to you DiamondD,
    Sandy
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Dr Cheney suggests that anaerobic or Strength Training with 5-10 lb. weights is the more healthy training with those with these DD.. According to him, endurance training is much more difficult (I know it is for me and I have done both) and may be potentially dangerous if you are really ill..that would be up to your discretion if you think you can do it..but he recommends bouncing,like on a mini-trampoline (which I have done and like the benefits of)and strength training.. I use to work out at a health club and I think exercise is really beneficial....AMELIA