Does any one else find central heating makes them feel very sick?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, May 15, 2009.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Eg, headaches, sore skin and eyes, sinus pain, sore throat, worsening of fatigue?

2. Doober

Doober New Member

increasing as time goes on, you may need to have the air filter checked on the heating system.

This is one of the easily forgotten things when a central heating or AC is in place. Some systems have 2, one for intake and the other in the vents where is expels the warm air. The intake filter could get to clogged therefore not allow fresh air to properly be pulled into the system and possibly pushing out the fumes or anything being generated from the heating element?

This could also contribute to the carbon monoxide buildup if the heating system is a fuel based system (Oil or natural gas). Excess carbon monoxide can cause the symptoms you are displaying above or worsen the issues you are already esperiencing.

So have someone check this out.
  3. hi there shelbo,
    any kind of extreme heat makes me feel very sick.i much prefer winter time to summer.many years ago when i was in hospital with a very bad flare up of psorisis,i was told to avoid extremes of heat and petrol fumes.

how comical that is now,in global warming times.what should i do evacuate planet earth lol.

god its just a blessing that im hanging onto my sense of humour,it seems to be the only thing that is getting me through the days with this fibro syndrome.

heat isnt good for our circulatory system,we must keep cool at all cost,even when going to bed.

i find that if im hot in bed i,ll have nightmares and a fever.

if im hot at home or work,i may go on to get migraine or that severe facial pain,and throbbing behind the eyes.

take care sweetheart,love fran.