does any one of you suffer from boils

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achesandpains, Feb 27, 2007.

1. achesandpains

achesandpains New Member

id just like to know if any one of you out there
    get boils and bad skin complaints, im new to fms and im trying to find out info on these damn things
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Yes I do belong to that club. LOL...

It's a cruddy club to be in! Makes me feel like I don't clean myself well enough. But my doc doesn't think that's it, seems I'm just susceptable to getting cysts.

I use Neosporin's triple antibiotic cream. If you put it on them twice a day they will go away (sometimes leaves scarring) and it can take several months. The secret is to keep using it until it's totally gone. I usually get relief in just a couple of days though.

If you do a google search on boils there are many sites that discuss them.

Like my doctor they don't believe Neosporin helps but I know it does.

Take care
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    You know last month I got one on my chin that was so bad it swelled up my gums, and swelled all the way down to my jaw bones. It was so horrible. I have no idea where it came from. And it hurt so bad. And was so gross. I hope I never ever get another like it. Of all places to get one, right on my chin for all to see! Jeez!

I've had a few under the arm and such but nothing serious.
    I hope you find relief of yours. They are painful, and not much fun to deal with.

Good luck,
    Your Friend,
    Kellyann
  4. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

About a year ago my husband was at work and he had raw chaped lips ......a friend of his was putting some ointment on a cold sore ( herpes) he had on his lips.....my husband said "hey let me have some of that" and swipped some ointment off the friend who had herpes and ............

My husband proceeded to put it on his raw and chapped lips.......needless to say within a day or so my husband got a boil on is lip and that led to another and another and another.......till finally he had them EVERYWHERE.....

I ended up getting on on my inner thigh and I was so upset .........I stopped using anything that my husband touched or used because I didn't want the scars on my face like he was getting from the boils!

This boil thing went on for several months ......in fact it has now been over a year and my husband still gets little ones now and then ......they are never like they used to be but they do annoy him!

Boils are VERY contagious so it is a good idea to be very careful to use antibacterial, alcohol, soap and water, lysol or anything to kill germs to help keep them from spreading.

My husband has scars all over his body and face from those boils and I always ask him if he is ever going to use someone else's personnal items like that again and he says "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!

Hugs
    Doxy
    [This Message was Edited on 02/28/2007]
  5. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I used Desenex on a lesion I had on my face and it healed it when nothing else did. I had several prescription from my DR and none worked. I used the Desenex and it worked almost immediately.I wonder if boils aren't a fungal infection and that's why the Desenex works.You can get it at any drug store or on line.
    Hugs Shirley
  6. achesandpains

achesandpains New Member

hi id just like to thank all of you that as answered my problems it as made me feel alot better knowing im not alone
    thanks gina
  7. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

and one of the things listed was how to get rid of boils...
    it says to use tomato paste on them...it helps them come to a head and clear up faster.