Does anybody have persistant body odor/mouth smell of alcohol?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monom, Oct 26, 2002.

1. monom

monom Member

The reason I brought this up, is several times for many years in minor traffic violations, police asked me how much I have drunk, I said to them that I do not drink, that makes me sick he said you smell like have had alcohol, they looked pretty surprised and some time the a general bodyodor stays with me even though I have taken enough showers. This question may not be a proper level question, but I just wanted to know if somebody out there have had such experiences with a conclusion.

I am very grateful for all your love and contributions to this site with your profound questions and dedicated responses.

Thank you

Monom

2. monom

monom Member

The reason I brought this up, is several times for many years in minor traffic violations, police asked me how much I have drunk, I said to them that I do not drink, that makes me sick he said you smell like have had alcohol, they looked pretty surprised and some time the a general bodyodor stays with me even though I have taken enough showers. This question may not be a proper level question, but I just wanted to know if somebody out there have had such experiences with a conclusion.

I am very grateful for all your love and contributions to this site with your profound questions and dedicated responses.

Thank you

Monom

3. fibolady

fibolady New Member

the show CSI (good show) this can be a sympton of a type of diabeties. the man's breath smelled of sweet alcohol, sickly sweet, but after he took his insulin the breath order went away. i hope i remembered this correctly. better check it out.
    warm regards, fibolady
  4. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Dear Monom,
    I'd been thinking of bringing up this question, but, I
    think I've figured out my problem already.

Do you sweat? or just have the odor?

Like you, I don't drink, but have been told I have
    (ketones) on my breath. I know I'm not diabetic, but, there are certain reasons you can have these ketones on
    your breath, and also in your urine. (????)

My cause was when I was put on Effexor ER. One of the side
    effects is sweating. But, for some reason my BO was different. Still is. I think it is the Effexor ER.

About the ketones on your breath, I don't know, to be honest. We should do a search through the message box,
    I quess. Or maybe thru another search engine.

Hope you get more info.

Best Wish, Welcome to the board.
    LadyDi
    [This Message was Edited on 10/27/2002]
  5. ali-may

ali-may New Member

I've been treating myself for candida and reading a lot about it, so I recognise this as a BIG sign of systemic candida albicans.

Candida gives off a type of alcohol into your blood, thereby raising your blood alcohol levels. Sometimes it can make you feel drunk, and/or it takes very little alcohol intake for you to get rather 'tipsy'. Even if you have not been drinking, it will also show up on police testing.

The body odor is also a sign of candida in your system.

One thing you could do is to take chlorella, as this helps you to detoxify and it acts as an 'internal deodorant', getting rid of bad breath and body odors. I've been taking it and it has cleared up a weird smell I had on my fingers.

The main thing you should do, though, is get yourself onto an anti-candida program! If you need any more convincing, search the internet for the "candida questionnaire". There are several copies of this online, all taken from Dr Crooks' book 'The Yeast Connection'. The results of the questionnaire will alert you to the probability of having candida.

Also, it's advisable to consult a naturopath on the treatment of this, as it is very complex, and a very tough organism to get rid of.

I have lots of info if you want to email me. My address is ali-may@es.co.nz

Also, there's a forum specifically addressed to candida sufferers. I post there and it has helped me immensely. The folks at Whole Approach run this, and it is moderated by Tarilee, an ex-candida sufferer.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if I can give you any more advice!

Ali
  6. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Many times we would pull people over and they would smell like alcohol, but weren't drinking. Turns out they were diabetic and needed to take care of their blood sugar. They were always brought to the station, and not left out on the streets. The odor of alcohol and eratic driving are both signs of drunken driving and a diabetic in trouble.

Marilyn :)
  7. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Sweet Smelling Breath---sign of Diabetes....have this checked.
    Karen