Does anybody have that soft tender spot on there head?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by HeyGirlfriend, Jun 15, 2005.

1. HeyGirlfriend

HeyGirlfriend New Member

Hi everybody! Does anyone have that really soft tender spot on the top back of their skull? I replied to Libra 55 about peoples common tender points but I didn't see anyone that Had the same as me. I mean like real tender you feel like it could cave in but not really. Get back as soon as you can cuz it just all of a sudden starting to concern me liike should I be going to a neurologist? Oh, and it is real painful if I touch that area. Talk to you guys later
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

I have that soft tender spot on the top back of my skull too. Have had it since I got sick, maybe before, I don't know. I also have "ridges" on my scalp that come and go. My massage therapist noticed it 12 yrs ago. Some days I can't even find them but most days it feels like I have corn rows on my head under all my hair. Totally weird!

Pepper
  3. HeyGirlfriend

HeyGirlfriend New Member

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Have any of you been to a FM/CFS Clinic? What kind of doctor do you have and what do they say about that soft spot ,is it FM? Thanks so much . I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one with this spot. Even though that sounds weird, you know what I mean.
    Talk to ya later,
    Girlfriend
  4. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I have that! Funny, I thought most people did. ALl this time I thought it was normal!

I went to see CInderella Man tonight and was massaging it during the movie.
  5. Rnannie94

Rnannie94 New Member

Do you have a single spot or 2? I have two spots about 3 inches above the base of my skull, spaced about 2 inches apart. They stay sore all of the time, just different degrees. The more tense I am, the worse it is. I was told years ago these particular spots are where a group of muscles attach, which, of course, makes sense that tension makes it hurt more.
  6. HeyGirlfriend

HeyGirlfriend New Member

Hi! I have the one spot but when I am feeling real tired thats when it seems to get bigger about 4 inches long and when it seems to get really really tender but I always have it about 2 inches long and about 1 inch deep and tender. I hope that make sense. I hope that helps you.
    That makes sense about the muscles. Thanks for responding.
    Girlfriend
  7. desertfog

desertfog New Member

I get that, but I don't have FM. It comes and goes but I noticed I seem to get it when I'm stressed or upset about something. I know when I have a bad dream I'll wake up feeling like my pillow is a rock because it is so sore there. I also tend to get it more when I don't feel well. I don't think it is a neurological problem.
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

when I am feeling really tired or ill. That is also when those strange ridges pop out of my scalp too. I have never asked any doctor about it. They'd probably just shrug their shoulders as they do about most of the weird things I tell them.

The explanation of it being where a group of muscles meet makes sense.

Isn't it good to know that we are not alone in having these strange things?

Pepper
  9. Amronj

Amronj New Member

I get the same thing, they come and go. It will feel like a bruise in just a random spot and only lasts a day or so, I also get the ridges too. At one time, I actually asked my mom if she had ever dropped me or if I have had a skulll injury. She said no...not sure if she would tell me if I did though. I have allergies, asthma, and have had 2 sinus surgeries, and I get cluster headaches. Maybe they are related somehow, just don't know.