Does anybody here feel like screaming sometime?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nje, Sep 25, 2002.

1. nje

nje New Member

i am so aggravated,does your family or friends tell you that you are taking too many pills,and that i should go off half of them and i`d feel much better,knock,knock whose hurting here and knows without a shadow of a doubt that without these pills i`d be either dead or close to it,its not them, its meeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! i get so tired of hearing it i could go screaming down the highway,only trouble is,i couldn`t make it down the driveway much less the highway. really its beginning to stress me out bad,and to top everything else my rheumy has referred me to an neurologist,for the numbness,and lack of balance,and my memory is gone just about,i think he`s more concerned with the numbness and the tingling in my arms and legs. they`ll probably have a MRI run over me,that means more bills,more pills, and something else my family to aggravate me about
  2. nje

nje New Member

i am so aggravated,does your family or friends tell you that you are taking too many pills,and that i should go off half of them and i`d feel much better,knock,knock whose hurting here and knows without a shadow of a doubt that without these pills i`d be either dead or close to it,its not them, its meeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! i get so tired of hearing it i could go screaming down the highway,only trouble is,i couldn`t make it down the driveway much less the highway. really its beginning to stress me out bad,and to top everything else my rheumy has referred me to an neurologist,for the numbness,and lack of balance,and my memory is gone just about,i think he`s more concerned with the numbness and the tingling in my arms and legs. they`ll probably have a MRI run over me,that means more bills,more pills, and something else my family to aggravate me about
  3. SweetOceanBlue77

SweetOceanBlue77 New Member

Hi Nje:
    I can relate very well too your post. Yes, I hear that all the time from certain family memebers & associates, very FEW friends I have... However, it does frustrate me too no end when people make these comments and they're not the ones' in PAIN!!! Good-Luck with your appointment & appreciate you sharing. Have A Lovely Day!

Michelle K.
    SweetOceanBlue77@aol.com
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've never understood why intelligent people like us use any energy being concerned or angy at what other people think. We are the ones who have to inhabit these broken bodies and we are the ones who must make the decisions with our docs on how we will treat. Forget it. It's not worth the effort.

If you feel you must respond, tell them you understand that they love you and are concerned for your welfare but that they are not qualified to comment on your choice of treatment.

Love, Mikie
  5. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

who are good lisners but at what expence-more stress. I do nto get it, if people mention things about my meds, for instance my boss when I was working-I let them know I could not dfo my job without them-now after knee surgery I can not heal with out themso I can tolerate movement and PT inorder to heal.

Just remember if you were a daibetic you would take your insulin, if you pain reguires medicine that is what the medicine is for and the heck with what other pwople say. As long as you take as directed and are nt abusing the medication no worries.

If you need to scream email me cathysinger@hotmail.com, I have been through he** and back over the past year with spinal fusion on cspine and now torn ligaments and ACL in my knee-just had one surgery and nay require another in a month or so-workman's comp turned down my claim andnow STD is doing there own investigation beofre they will pay-got fired from job because I had to be out again and no fnla left-cannot collect unemployment because am not able to work. I spen days on the phone for hours and have been for a month now trying to straighten all this out, there is always another peice of information they decide they need which means me hobbling down 3 flights of stairs to the office in my apatment building to fax this and that-uggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!so believe me I have done my share of screaming lately and do understand.

cathy
  6. allhart

allhart New Member

theres a cetrin friend around me who seems to think im not that bad just because i dont complian but she tells me consitally how she is sick of hearing about things like that and we all just need to get over it!she just needs to get over the fact that not everyones as perfect as her and yes ive said that to her,aahhhhhhhhhhhhhh i feel a little better thanks,
  7. eeyore

eeyore New Member

I HAD A FRIEND INVITE US ON A TRIP FOR JULY OF NEXT YEAR, WHEN I TOLD HER I COULDN'T COMMIT TO ANYTHING THIS SOON BECAUSE OF THE WAY I'M FEELING(TWO WEEKS AGO I WAS PASSING OUT BECAUSE OF LOW BLOOD PRESSURE EVERY WEEK IT'S SOMETHING NEW)BUT SHE SAID TO ME "IT'S A YEAR AWAY I'M SURE YOUR BE BETTER BY THEN" I WAS SO MAD EVEN IF I FELT BETTER TOMORROW I STILL WOULDN'T WANT TO GO WITH HER NOW THAT SHE SAID THAT, SHE KNOWS I'VE BEEN THOUGH ALOT. I DON'T KNOW HOW PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW US BETTER THAN WE KNOW OURSELVES.
    BY THE WAY I ALSO AM HAVING NUMBNESS IN MY ARMS THEY FEEL LIKE THEY SHOULD BE IN A SLING BECAUSE THEY JUST HANG THERE.

HANG IN THERE, YOU'RE NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. sean

sean New Member

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!###!%%~**£ and that's swearing.