Does anybody know a Dr for cfs in O/C California

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monom, Oct 17, 2002.

1. monom

monom Member

I was diagnosed 18 years ago. I always thought I would get better,I know there are treatment out there.Please anybody know any a reasonable Dr or clinic in Orange county,California
    I have no insurance,I am on minimalP/T work for just a room and food.,I was a professional with Mrs and on.I have no body here,any help and advice?I have read over the years thousands books,medical,herbal and to win this disease,I am
    very disappointed and I have slept just anywhere,I fed myself just anything from anywhere to be able to fight this.
    I have not received any goverment help,because I said I am young I can win and go back to work.I have been wrong,My logical mind it is not there now, I know about some treatments but I do not know who can help in this situation that I am in.
    I can not get medical because I am single and no kids under
    18 that what I was told.

Thank you all concerned people.
  2. monom

monom Member

I was diagnosed 18 years ago. I always thought I would get better,I know there are treatment out there.Please anybody know any a reasonable Dr or clinic in Orange county,California
    I have no insurance,I am on minimalP/T work for just a room and food.,I was a professional with Mrs and on.I have no body here,any help and advice?I have read over the years thousands books,medical,herbal and to win this disease,I am
    very disappointed and I have slept just anywhere,I fed myself just anything from anywhere to be able to fight this.
    I have not received any goverment help,because I said I am young I can win and go back to work.I have been wrong,My logical mind it is not there now, I know about some treatments but I do not know who can help in this situation that I am in.
    I can not get medical because I am single and no kids under
    18 that what I was told.

Thank you all concerned people.
  3. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

but have ins. through my husband.

Go down to Social Services ( maybe you can go on line or call?) and explain your situation. You may qualify for Medi-Cal and Food Stamps.

There is no cure, just 'managing' symptoms. If you can't work, can you apply for State Disability and then SSD? If you need help go to a church, and you will find it.

Since I know nothing about you, that is all I can offer.
  4. KellyT

KellyT New Member

I can't help you with the insurance/disability stuff, either. However, there is a Doctor Paul Cimoch, in Fountain Valley, who is currently conducting Ampligen trials. Ampligen is currently the only drug for treating CFIDS. Not yet approved by the FDA, it is in use in Canada and Belguim.

The upside is that there is no cost to the patient. The downside is that it is a double-blind placebo controlled study - which means you have a 50-50 chance of receiving the medication for the first 10 months. However, if you make it through the 10 months, you're guaranteed to receive the medication for 6 months - again, at no cost.

The study coordinator's name is J.D Rios, and he can be reached at (714) 751-5800 x35.