Does anybody know about IGE test and results

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monom, Oct 21, 2002.

1. monom

monom Member

IGE the normal range is 10-15 but mine is -3

Thank you[This Message was Edited on 10/21/2002]
  2. monom

monom Member

IGE the normal range is 10-15 but mine is -3

Thank you[This Message was Edited on 10/21/2002]
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

what is this test for?
  4. monom

monom Member

5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

all of them, IGA, IGM,and IGE were elevated for me, which makes sense, cause I have loads of allergies.
    KLutzo
  6. monom

monom Member

I NEED A NEW INPUT, PLEASE

THANK YOU

MONOM
  7. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

our medical experts may not check messages on the weekends so you may not get an answer 'til Monday. Just keep bumping....
  8. monom

monom Member

THANK YOU

MONOM
  9. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

IgE test, allergy indicator, remembering from when I was tested measuring antibodies, but did not know results went into the negative. Could it be 0.3, instead of minus 3? Will follow your post to learn more! Bumping! June
  10. monom

monom Member

BUMP

THANK YOU AGAIN
  11. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

June's reply reminded me. I used to work with a bunch of medical technologists/blood bankers and I had to write user manuals for blood bank software.

I was told that IgE, IgG, IgM, etc., were reactivity phases. (The different phases is how they tell whether an infection is active or latent. There's more to it than that, but it's all I ever understood. Too bad I don't still work there, I have a lot more practical knowledge and could understand it better!)

They often recorded results on a scale of 1 to 4 (probably 0 to 4). A +3 would be a strong reaction, a -3 would be a weak reaction in the level.

If you want a medical expert to reply, maybe change the title to say "madwolf,sujay,ac77--IGG interp?"

[ advertisement ]