Does anybody look much older than his or her age with CFIDS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monom, Oct 19, 2002.

1. monom

monom Member

When I was reading and responding to 40-50 age polls; I noticed some said they look much younger than their age.

Somehow I think the way we feel should have some correlation
    with our look, anotherword due to internal problems we should look older than our age. I just wanted to think logically somewhat and somehow!

Any comments

Thank you
    [This Message was Edited on 10/20/2002]
  2. monom

monom Member

When I was reading and responding to 40-50 age polls; I noticed some said they look much younger than their age.

Somehow I think the way we feel should have some correlation
    with our look, anotherword due to internal problems we should look older than our age. I just wanted to think logically somewhat and somehow!

Any comments

Thank you
    [This Message was Edited on 10/20/2002]
  3. dlizard

dlizard New Member

when I tell em... all of them say I look much younger.... imagine that.... when I am feeling 142 they think I look below 40 LOL><!!!
  4. rbtheidmanhabs

rbtheidmanhabs New Member

Hello!
    I have an Aunt who is 62 with FMS she looks 72.

Bob
  5. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

than my age I certainly feel like 150. A lot of the time people say I look younger than my age. I think they are just trying to be kind. Although I dont have too many normal wrinkles, I have to be very careful about the way I lie down. I used to lie down on my sides, but I ended up having permanent creases on sides of my face. So I try to lie down on my back to avoid any more but it is really difficult.

Satin
  6. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I feel much older but others think I look way younger than 28.
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

although I am 54. I am told I look 10 yrs younger. One of these days I'll figure out how the scanner works and put my picture on my profile and you can all tell me yourselves. (Lies appreciated :)

I am having the same problem as satin - permanent creases on my left side because I lie that way for my sore back. I have been trying to lie on my back but it is very hard for me to do. Maybe there are tricks to learning to do this. (???)

Pepper
  8. Thella

Thella New Member

the chronic fatigue hit and I only had to deal with fibro. As a teen I would put on make up to make me look my age. Then when the chronic fatigue added its name to the list I now where makeup to look my age. If I don't wear it I look 52 and I am only 47. I feel like 102 most days. The worse I feel the older I look.
    have a great day.
    thella
  9. lucky

lucky New Member

since nobody believes my age because I also look much younger, which is amazing because of all the things we having gone through. Nor does anybody believe that I am ill.
    My question is - since I see a few other poeple looking younger as well what is the reason? Is is genetic, or the 'forced' rest we get and must have all the time if we are unable to work. Lucky
  10. Rene

Rene New Member

I was trying to find something positive about being 22 hrs bed ridden. NO GRAVITY! So less wrinkles.
  11. hope4

hope4 New Member

Everyone thinks I'm at least 15 years younger than I am. I've been told I have a baby face. Must be the dimples. :)Maybe all the pain and everything else that's going on inside of us radiates some type of natural youthful glow in our skin.
  12. ali-may

ali-may New Member

I look younger than my 27 years, and still get mistaken for anything ranging from 17 to 24! I've always had a young face, BUT... I have premature aging around my eyes. I have more wrinkles there than many other people my age, and have had wrinkles around my eyes for the past few years. I've always wondered whether there is a correlation between this and having CFS/Candida or maybe I have a CoQ10 deficiency?! I have no vitamin/mineral deficiencies that I know of, and I take supplements that contain the things that are good for your skin! On the other hand, the wrinkles do coincide with stressful events in my life. (In fact, the onset of my CFS/Candida ALSO coincides with these events).

My eye wrinkles bother me so much that I bought a jar of Cellex-C at the beginning of the year. I think it's making a difference, but if I could afford it, man I would get those botox injections!!!

Ali
  13. Nannibel

Nannibel Member

This is a really good question! My husband insists that I look better and younger than others my age (49), and at times I have to agree I have less wrinkles than others I see my age. But, I have to admit when I look at pictures of me on days I remember feeling particularly dreadful I do not look younger, I look about as bad as I felt.