Does anyone belong to a FM support group

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LauraLea, Oct 23, 2002.

1. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I'm thinking about joining an FM support group, but I'm not sure if it's the right thing for me at this time.

I am doing pretty well right now I've only had one bad flair in the last year and a half, but I feel I could maybe help others who are going through a terrible time. I'm just not sure if it would be good for me to do.

I'm I making any sense?
  2. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I'm thinking about joining an FM support group, but I'm not sure if it's the right thing for me at this time.

I am doing pretty well right now I've only had one bad flair in the last year and a half, but I feel I could maybe help others who are going through a terrible time. I'm just not sure if it would be good for me to do.

I'm I making any sense?
  3. PrincessofYoga

PrincessofYoga New Member

If you are on this board, you are in some type of need for validation and support. If I had a support group around me I would join for sure. I havent looked into it heavy but I think I will. I am not nearly in the shape I was when I was first dx...but everyone needs support of some kind right?

Good luck in your journey. May it be smooth and full of love and learning.

Namaste
    Lisa
  4. marinemom

marinemom New Member

But after the bashing I took for venting a little too strong for some people, I think I would probably be kicked out! Who knows.

Kathy
  5. darlamk

darlamk New Member

I have tried attending a group meeting too but seems like there were mostly very elderly women there and it was more of a "social thing." I am sure there are other more active groups out there though. This probably sounds strange but one time when I attended a workshop on FM I had to leave in the middle of it due to all the "whining" was making me hurt more!! I guess it made me uncomfortable to listen to everyone in such a public place. I am guilty of always trying to "suck it up!" and to be strong but I am finding out I just can't do it anymore. Good luck - I think we all need to learn everything we can to try to live as full a life as possible!
  6. DonnaSR

DonnaSR New Member

I belong to a support group, and there are many good things we learn about from various speakers. Also, any time someone can help others is wonderful. Some of the best meetings have been where a person is doing better and lets us know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I personally find that I feel better when hearing a person who is positive and has gotten his or her life back. It gives me motivation because I do not want this disorder to rule my life, and I have taken steps to get control back. I don't know that I could do it without the support group. So, if there is one in your area, go for it!

Warmest wishes always,
    Donna
  7. karen55

karen55 New Member

I'd join it. My mom also has FM and we have both been looking for a group. The closest one I've been able to locate is a couple hours away, so that's out of the question.
  8. Vamp

Vamp New Member

Hi there - Yes, I am also on an FM group board and it is very nice and uplifting....I would suggest it. If you want the site, throw a notice out to VAMP to catch my attention!!!! Thanks - and we would welcome you to our board also...
  9. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

Thank you that is very sweet

[ advertisement ]