Does anyone bruise

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by celeste1226, Aug 26, 2008.

1. celeste1226

celeste1226 New Member

Hello all,
    I was just wondering if anyone bruises easily. I was just diagnosed with FM and have noticed more and more that i bruise very easily. Its not that I am bumping into anything or hitting myself they just appear and hurt. Sometimes when my muscles ache I will develope a bruise there within a day or so. Does this happen to anyone else. Thanks for your help.

2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I have always bruised easily and now even more so since I've been diagnosed with this dd.

I do notice bruises that I don't remember getting but I'm not sure if it's from my muscle aches or not.

But most of the time for me it's from bumping into something which I do frequently.

My family has been very good about getting me ice when I need it. :)
    Gentle hugs, Susan
  3. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

I've had issues with bruising for years. About five years ago I even has a blood panel taken to determine if I was deficient in minerals. Nope, I'm just fine. It must be part of the fibro thing. Although I have a very mild case of FM.There have been times when I've slept so soundly with my hand grasping my upper arm ,I'll have brusies the imprint of my fingers a few days later!
  4. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

anemic again. I used to have this very high pain tolerance but that went away with Fibro.
  5. Malcolm82

Malcolm82 New Member

all my life.

My wife has always seen bruises on me and asks me how I got them. I tell her I have no idea. I don't usually remember doing anything to cause them.

I never really thought about it much until I had ACL surgery 2 years ago. Six weeks after my surgery my right leg from the knee down into my foot was very severely bruised. My surgeon was so concerned about it that he sent me for blood work, but none of the tests he requested turned up anything abnormal.

It is interesting that we have these dds in common.