Does anyone do EFT for anxiety?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pepper, Oct 31, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

Have you found it helpful?

Any suggestions on how to do it properly?

Any DVD's that help with this technique?

Thanks for any replies.
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I think I know what you mean.

It is that tapping thing right? I did try that a little bit from the free info on the page and found it interesting.

I would like to know if anyone else has any possitive experience with this.

hugs Redwillow
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Please, what is EFT?

4. pepper

pepper New Member

EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Technique and does involve tapping acupressure points. I downloaded the instructions from Dr. Mercola's site but haven't really done it much. The little bit that I did helped with my anxiety but I never really got into it.

My N.D. and I discussed today what I could do for my high level of anxiety and he suggested that I give EFT a more concerted effort. He knows of it helping many people and is just learning about it himself.

I have seen it discussed here a number of times (mostly by people who are no longer on the board) but I can't find anything on the search. I am just wondering if anyone still on the board has practiced it.

5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Thanks Skeesix

I downloaded that file too and was interested but didn't really follow up.

When I went to my herbalist this week she was getting me to tap my wrist several times to put myself in balance. I thought it must be something similar.

So afterwards when I felt overwhelmed and tired I started tapping with two fingers on the side of my wrist. I swear it made me feel more relaxed!

There are so many treatments that I am interesting in. I wish I didn't always have to worry about the cost!

I would love to hear more about your experiences with this.

hugs Redwillow

6. Drmom

Drmom New Member

Please take the time to learn this. It does work!!!
    There are lots of pages to read, but very worthwhile to learn. The book is free to download on his site mentioned in another post. You will NOT regret the time you put into learning it.
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

You guys have convinced me. I am going to spend whatever energy I have today learning this.

Is the elimination of anxiety immediate? That is what I felt when I did it but thought that it must be the "placebo effect". It is so simple that it seems that it couldn't work.

But obviously it does so I am going to start learning this stuff. I will let you know how this goes.

I can certainly understand how this could help with CFS. Although many people here disagree with me, I do believe that there is a strong emotional component to CFS. I have been very sick with CFS/FM for 14 yrs so there is no way that I am saying that this is all in our heads.

But I do believe that negative emotions did contribute to my own illness - along with lots of other stuff of course. But clearing those things up can only help.

Thank you for your input!
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

for letting me know. I will check out your post.

I have been doing the EFT but I think I need some help. I am not sure if I am doing it right or if I am saying the affirmations at the right time.

I am much less anxious but don't know if that is from the EFT or not. I haven't done anything else different.

9. sascha

sascha Member

get familiar with the tapping procedure and it is something wonderful you will always have with you to help you with anxiety that pops up, as well as physical symptoms.<BR>
    i find it's a great comfort to know. you can find practitioners to work with, but that costs, or you can do it on your own. <BR>
    i highly HIGHLY recommend it. and i say this because of benefits i've gotten from using it.<BR>
    best wishes to you- sascha- see what happens and what you think, and report back<BR>
    (check out videos--you can learn from tapping you see people doing there--there's something called 'borrowed benefits' that can happen as you tap along with someone else, and you can gradually refine your language as you work with it on your own, so that you find language that better and better expresses what you need and want from eft- in stating the problem, being as specific as you can be, then doing the affirmation of self-acceptance, then the tapping routines. check out videos and you will get more and more ideas on how to work with it yourself. it is a tried and true techniques that has helped thousands of people.)<BR>