Does anyone do weird things in their sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenn_c, Aug 25, 2008.

1. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

Since comeing down with this dd my sleep has gotten so weird. First they gave me ambien, which I have taken before. It was making me incontinent of urine. How embarassing being 36 and having accidents. And I fell asleep standing at my bathroom sink and fell into the tub. I also fell asleep on the toilet and fell off, head first into the tub. It is ok to laugh, I do now. So I refused to take it.

Then I was taking a 1/2 to 1 xanax to get rid of nightmares and to help sleep. For the first time since I can remember, I stopped grinding my teeth. Only problem is that it wore off after a few hoursand I would be right back up. At this time I am still falling asleep on the toilet in the middle of the night.
    Now I take 1-2 temazepam 15 mg. Still fall asleep on toilet, now have nerve problem at the top of my ass and have pain going from there to the bottom of my leg. I wake up with the other leg completely numb.
    I woke up on the toilet the other nught when I heard my hubby coming up the stairs, I went to the couch ( with the toothpaste???) and apparently fell asleep sitting up with my hand bracing me on the coffee table. When my hubby got out of the shower and saw me, he woke me up, I looked at him weird??? and then laid down.
    I didn't remember that at all. I woke up and my hand (that was bracing me)was completely numb. Then I found tubes of toothpast on the table. This is making me crazy. I FEEL BAD FOR MY HUBBY.
    Does anyone else have these issues? Jenn
  2. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

causes night eating syndrome. along with putting you in a hazy state of sleep where you do things you do not remember.

I curse this drug.
  3. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

That is why I take the temazepam. But I still do weird things. I don't know what to do. If I do not take anything I am up all night. Jenn
  4. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I mean this is so damn embarrassing. I am onky 36 and if you would have said to me a couple of years ago that I would be having issues like falling asleep on the toilet, falling into the tub, accidents where urine is concerned etc. Pain and fatigue are bad enough, this just adds salt to the wound. Jenn
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

But my chiropractor told me when he took Ambien for sleep, he would wake up in the middle of the night and move furniture and such

Not a good thing
  6. lynn3811

lynn3811 New Member

My husband decided to be "cute" and left a open can of cat food on the floor next to my side of the bed. Complete with fork and napkin.

This was in response to my telling him I was eating while I was on Ambien.

Never again will I tell him things like that without thinking what the conseques (sp?) might be!
  7. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

pick on people. But he won't dare crack a joke about my sleep issues. He did once, needless to say I was not happy. It didn't happen again. At this point I think he worries more than anything.
    Here is a funny one: One nightI was dreaming about my old orange kitty named Rascal. I was patting him. The next morning my husband (stramberry blonde hair) asked me what the heck I was dreaming about the night before. Apparently I spent some time rubbing my husbands head.