Does anyone eat Lean Cuisine meals?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kay31, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Kay31

Kay31 Member

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who eats Lean Cuisine meals on days when I'm too exhausted to cook anything else? I know they're probably really bad for me, but I can't always cook a healthy meal for myself.
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Kay, I eat them occasionally, or another good brand. I think worrying about eating perfectly is just about as bad for us as not eating perfectly once in a blue moon. Except, that is, for sugar or things to which we've shown an allergic response.

Unless we're on a candida or other special diet (Paleo is wonderful for most of us), moderation and good sense are key as in many other things.

Marta
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Some of the new ones are made without preservatives or artificial stuff. Look for those. And don't worry too much. Just do the best you can!!! I don't think they are too bad for you anyway.
  4. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I ALWAYS have a few micro-wave alternatives in the freezer.. If I didn't my poor family wouldn't get to eat mosts day! But, that includes frozen vegies and there is always salads (add some tuna and cheese and you got a balanced meal!) as quick
    meal alternatives too. My hubby likes those frozen chimichangas with the beef and cheese.. and we frequently have a cereal night as well! When I do cook, I try to cook in large enough amounts that we can have left overs or freeze some for another day.. Any short cuts we can find to conserve our energy are important!
    hugs!
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

I eat them occasionally since they came out with the "no preservatives" version
  6. caffey

caffey New Member

I stock up on them when they are on sale. I use them or other prepared foods on "those' days. I don't feel guilty and it is better than take out. You gotta do what you gotta do. If I can I try and put a salad with it. Frozen veg. are just as good as fresh. Like someone else says when I do cook I do enough for a couple of meals. My son just made me a whack of his killer pasta sauce and I froze it in 2 day portions.
    Cath
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

I used to take them in my lunch every now and then when I worked. I didn't really care for them much--the taste, and I didn't think there was enough in them to be filling enough. I would eat lunch at 11:45 am and not get home until 7:30 pm. So, I really needed something with more substance!