Does anyone else believe they have Leaky Gut Syndrome????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skinnymini, Sep 16, 2005.

1. skinnymini

skinnymini New Member

I have a nervous stomach and believe I have LGS. I often get a burning sensation in my gut at night while I am sleeping. It wakes me up and I cannot get back to sleep without taking Ibuprophen and acidopholus. Now, I have new allergies and food sensitivities due to the LGS, too. It is these food sensitivities that are making my life miserable as I cannot eat any cane sugar, white flour chocolate, dairy products, oats, corn, apples, lettuce, etc. etc. without experiencing muscle pain later. It seems can only eat whole foods.... which means fruits, nuts and vegetables. (BORING!!!) It is very difficult to stick to this plan and so I am in almost constant pain. Am I the only one or are others feeling it might be Leaky Gut Syndrome???!! Is anyone else suffering from new food allergies or sensitivities???

I have lost 15 pounds!!!! and I cannot afford to as I was already 10 - 15 lbs. underweight!!! Please help!!!
  2. skinnymini

skinnymini New Member

for your quick response...I am taking ThreeLac and Ultra Flora. A few weeks ago I was in a very good space...the ThreeLac had worked its charm and I lived life for about two and a half weeks pain free....until I ate a piece of cheesecake. I have not been the same since because I am allergic to sugar and dairy. It has been a rollercoaster ride these last three weeks.

I am taking soo many supplements it feels like they are running my life!!!! Every couple of hours I take another one or two. I feel like I am tied to their schedule. My chiropractor says I am trying too hard to get well and that I need to relax and wait for things to happen in good time....That is very hard to do.
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Hope you are drinking at least 8 big glasses of water a day. I think you need to talk to your Doctor if you are already that underweight. Make sure your colon is moving out the old food well (3 or 4 peanutbutter looking soft Bm's a day) very important If it's not please talk to your Dr. about this to.
    Take care and keep us posted as to what your Dr. says.
    Dee50
  4. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Yes I do!! My Allergist dx'd me with Leaky Gut Syndrome a couple yrs. ago.I have told others here about the "Peppermint Oil" You get it at a Herb Shop.2 ozs. is about $8.00 but will last a long time. Just put one drop on the back of your hand and lay your tongue on it. This keeps it cleans for anyone to use. That will stop that burning almost instantly.Some times you may need another drop later. This is wonderful and will not stop your food from digesting like antacids. Antacids are the worst thing anyone can take.Peppermint oil can be used as often as you like. It's not a drug and will not hurt you any way. It's the best thing that I have found for indigestion,heart burn,upset stomach,diarrhea, and stomach cramps.I carry mine in my purse where ever I go. Please get a bottle b/c it works and is very cheap and don't need a prescription for it!!You can even give it to children.
    Shirley
    PS A friend of mine had heart burn for 3 weeks and it was on Christmas Eve, nothing would stop it. Not even prescription drugs her Dr gave her. I gave her the "Peppermint Oil and in 5 minutes her HB stopped.Now that's impressive to me.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/18/2005]