Does anyone else "cycle" between awake and asleep?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jole, Jul 1, 2008.

1. jole

jole Member

I will go approx 2 weeks with very little sleep...2-3 hours per night, and usually not at one time. I will be sooo tired but unable to sleep, not even nap during the day.

Then I go from that to being so tired that I cannot stay awake, sleeping approx 12 hours at night with naps during the day and still tired constantly.

It is totally frustrating, and I can't figure it out. Does anyone else do this???

Friends - Jole
  2. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

I sleep in 2 hour stretches. I never really sleep, I don't think. I could set a clock by when I get up - go to bed around 9:00, up at 11, 1, 3, 5, 7 when I get up for work. My sleep problems aren't quite the same as yours, but I understand exactly what you are going through.

Lately sleeping has been really hard. I have gone from napping all of the time to not being able to nap. I wouldn'
    t know a good night's sleep if it came up and introduced itself!

The best sleep I ever had was a few weeks ago when a colleague gave me a few of his Klonopin when he saw how I was sufferig. I slept for 4-5 hours in a stretch. But I am NOT getting into that just now.
  3. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I know I do that. I seem to go through spells where I sleep good and then I am back to the staying up half the night.

I hate this part of my illness.

I am in sleep mode again for the moment.
  4. jole

jole Member

Thanks for the replies. I also am in a sleep mode right now....think I would rather be in the no-sleep least I am part of life. LOL

Wish there were a happy medium for me....and all of us! ****Jole****