Does anyone else drop everything, or I am just a total clutz??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by bunnyfluff, Jan 14, 2005.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

The past few months I have started noticing that I drop everything I touch! It is like my hands have ceased to function with my brain.

I drop everything!! I look at my hand, and it seems like it isn't getting the right message, actually worse, no message at all from my poor, disorgainzed brain.

Hands don't work, brain don't work, words won't come out right....yes folks, this is getting serious! LOL

Hey, maybe if we tape ourselves we could win the $10,000 on the funniest videos- I must look hilarious fumbling and trying to recover falling objects, mumbling "di-di-di...duoh!"
  2. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I'm with you. Over the past few months, the brain fog has gotten so thick - and I too have been more clumzy. I've been dropping things, running into things, etc.

It isn't good.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I was so bad with the dropping things, that I broke two sets of dishes, glasses, mugs, you name it if I touched it, it broke!

Since I started taking magnesium and drinking water I am almost normal again with the klutzy thing. I also stopped getting those 'twitches' in my face and eyes. Do you have those too??

I honestly think we are dehydrated, and I know most of us are deficient in magnesium. Which is natures natural tranqualizer, plus it controls our brain, sleep, muscles, etc.

Hope this helps, and watch you don't cut yourself, I did that too :(

Shalom, Shirl

4. Chermione

Chermione New Member

I seem to go through flares of this. Sometimes I seem to have amazing coordination and can grab something in mid air as it falls, whether it be dropped by my kids or myself. Other times, it's like I'm in slow motion and I can do nothing but watch things fall.

Regarding twitches, I get those too, on my lip and on my eye. I know I don't drink enough water. :( Last year I was hospitalized twice for it and low blood sugar. You'd think I'd know better. I had the thought the other day that I should think of myself as a video game player that requires a fill up of water every day for my energy to play this game of life.

I have this bottle that has an inner re-freezable ice cube. I want to get into the habit of having a full one a day. [This Message was Edited on 01/14/2005]
  5. stillfighting

stillfighting New Member

One Thanksgiving, I dropped a big container of asparagus soup on my mother's kitchen floor. What a mess!

It's gotten to the point when I know my hands are bad and that I'm likely to drop things. On those days, I hold my coffee mug and water glasses with two hands. Haven't figured out what to do about dropping keys. Oh, and I've been permanently excused from carrying full casseroles and soup bowls to the table during holidays and family gatherings :).

Hugs,
    Hilary
  6. Notonline

Notonline New Member

Melmac & Corelle...plastic glasses, metal coffee pot. LOL

Martha Stewart can keep her fine china...I need something that bounces when I drop it.

I run into things too, trip over my own feet. You're in good company.

{{Hugs}}
    Danny
  7. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

I have the same problem and it really ticks me off too! I know we need to watch the amount of water and minerals we take in, but we also need to monitor the colas and alcohol we drink as well, these drinks are diuretic and well cost you in the end.
    I hate it as well; watching things just fall away and it's like you planed it that way.
  8. keke466

keke466 New Member

Yes I drop everything. Especially at work. It seems the more it hurts me to bend over the more I drop. I've even ask the shift before me to please don't put anything on the floor for me to pick up. You know how it goes -- the more you try not to the more ya do it. LOL..

Keke
  9. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I was just talking to my hubby the other day about this because I dropped the last of our water glasses again!!

I must have broken at least 8 dozen since I got fibro and God knows how many plates and cups lol.And I have nearly stabbed my feet loads ot times when I have dropped knives lol

I also bump into walls and doors cos I cant judge them properly.

No-one else would understand apart from you guys!!

Take care
    Rena uk
  10. TKM

TKM New Member

all the time! Last night it was a bag of spagetti noodles! The end was open and they went all over the kitchen floor. Usually if is a half gallon of milk or a glass that just happens to fall out of my hand! It is like my hand just lets go....

Terri
  11. jaguarsky

jaguarsky New Member

I am soaking a coffee stained table runner 'cuz I couldn't hold on to my coffe cup this morning.

I also still have a numb pinkie toe from a knife dropping incident 6 years ago. I was at work and had good shoes on, but they were vented and wouldn't you know it, the knife blade slipped right thru the vent and into my foot, where it remained quivering and upright while I shuffled off to the ladies room to assess the damage.

I have learned my lesson in regards to handling potentially dangerous objects while in the fog.
  12. MrsRedBear

MrsRedBear New Member

hi bunnyfluff, i have been dropping things for 10 years, if i didn't my family would think i was traded like in body snatchers.
    i type wrong now, i even write down numbers transposed...
    the year escapes me, it sucks...
    but, i guess i'm just used to it now...

take care....

Mrs Red Bear
  13. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

when I dropped frozen food from my freezer!

I had something else to say, but fibrofog just got in the way.....

Okay, I remember now! At my job I must use keys to let people in houses, and I continually drop keys, bend over to pick them up, drop sunglasses, then maybe phone....try to get the key in the door, drop keys again....People are either laughing behind my back or annoyed, hard to say...[This Message was Edited on 01/15/2005]
  14. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I got a new set of glasses for Christmas... and a new set of wine glasses. Next it's Correlle dinnerware for me. I'm glad I live alone... I'm down to only 4 plates.

So, YES, I do drop things. I also fall a lot. Fell again today. My knees aren't handling this very well.
    Tigger
  15. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I'm laughing at everyone because I do all of the above. When we go out to eat --- like at Fudruckers (yes, there really is a restaurant by that name) the employees look at me funny every time I tell them I want a smaller cup because the big one is too big for my hands and I'll drop it. Also, I've noticed different hair products are so hard to hold and spray on the hair. I thought it was just me.

My 18 yo daughter always laughs at me and says, "Oh, mama, you are so much fun, I could write a book about the things you do."

Most of the time it is funny but I do get exasperated with myself too. Oh well........................at least I'm not alone.
    Sandy
  16. Muddieanne

Muddieanne New Member

Thank you,but I've tried 2kinds of mag[I didn't know there were so many]& they aggravate IBS. I drink almost a gallon a day of water. If I drank more I'd need diapers.

I'm the family joke because I am so clumsy I drop several things everyday.I've broken several sets of drinking glasses,stained my clothes with food, knocked over&broken displays in stores and trip over air.

I just try to laugh at myself& not get so embarassed. There are advantages;when I'm a guest the host won't let me help in the kitchen. I relax. Marie
  17. Shirl

Shirl New Member

SAndy, I almost fell on the floor laughing at the name 'Fudruckers' restaurant, I would not trust myself saying that one :) We have a local restaurant here that serves coffee in those giant cups, I always ask for a normal size too. I need both hands to hold the darm thing. The name of this one is Coplands, much easier to say than yours for a FM person.........

Marie, I took about 4 or 5 different brands of magnesium before I found two that my IBS can handle. Both of these are capsules, not pills.

One is the Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate), the other is ZMA (zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B-6). Both of these are so easy on my stomach, I take them on an empty stomach with water.

Both are sold here at Pro Health. They do design their products for CFS/FM people.

Shalom, Shirl
  18. JimB

JimB New Member

and things alot.
    It worried me.
    It was a brain thing. (just like brain fog).
    Probably too much stimulation (visual,audio,my own thoughts) for me.

When I was started on a "last resort " anti-depressant
    (parnate), the dropping and other things stopped.

The neuro-transmitters were getting the dopamine they needed so I could cocentrate and function.

I'd first try the Magnesium etc and water that were mentioned.
    Jim
  19. Just4Me

Just4Me New Member

So do I .. Im known as the "Family Clutz" but for the past few months its been pretty bad I drop everything.. its embarrassing!! and fighting to get words out doesnt help either!

I feel ur pain guys!!
  20. desertfog

desertfog New Member

I have for the past several years, especially smaller things like my keys. I'll drop them several times before I get out the door. I never made the connection before to this illness! I'm glad you made this post as now you have me a thinkin'.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/19/2005]