Does anyone else feel Short Circuited?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, Apr 16, 2006.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

Not sure how to describe how I feel, but in the afternoons or evenings when I have had too busy of a day, it is like a car running on 5 of 6 cylinders, or like I am short-circuited- I can feel the nerve pathways not making the connections right and skipping around.

It feels jumpy inside and awful even when I lay down, and I wondered if anyone else has these feeling like I am describing? I am seeing a neurologist this week, and not sure what to tell him.

Thanks!
    Bunny
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Oh yes especially when I over do it, like I did yesterday. When this happens it is impossible for me to sleep.

I've been up since yesterday at 5:00 AM. I seems like my muscles just don't know that I stopped and keep going. The pain is so bad today that when my wife touched me this morning before leaving for work that it felt like she had hit me with a stick or something.

My pain meds are not working at this point and have just taken another one in hopes that the meds will catch up with the pain.

It feels like a current running through my body like I forgot to turn the switch of for the energy that I was using yesterday.

I know over doing it is a no no but I can't stand it when I start something and leave it sit for long periods of time, so I decided to finish something I started over a month and half ago regardless of the amount of pain that I knew would follow.

The stupid things we do when we know we shouldn't, I'll most likely end up paying for yesterday for days to come and hopefully that will not turn into weeks like the last time I did something with no regard for the consequences that I knew would follow.

Jake
  3. benalliesmom

benalliesmom New Member

I just posted questions about the same thing!! I thought I was going nuts again! Ha! Do you feel the "jolts"? That's what I call them. They kinda feel like you touched an electric fence. It doesn't really hurt, just feels weird, right? Yesterday was bad because I over done it again. It kept me up most of the night! You are not alone!!

Love & Peace to you,
    Vicki
  4. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

Well maybe the neuro will tell me what the heck that is and I can share it with everyone.

At that point, I am even more ultra-sensitive to lights, sounds, etc.... like if I lay down to watch a movie or something it can't have too many flashing images, etc.

AND! I've noticed that if someone is "goofing around" next to me- like grabbing at each other or making quick movements it freaks me out, too. My kids don't quite get that yet, but it is a real issue.
  5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Bunnyfluff & others,

Check my thread on sensory overload. Is that what you are feeling??? When I saw the word "short circuited", it gave me a new word of how I feel.
  6. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

take it with you. MY rheumy says they now think this FM is a malfunction between the brain and the central nervous system in the spine. If yours has not mentioned this, ask him what he is learning. God knows we get information overload and never learn anything. I dont think they know yet and we are all waiting for help besides pain meds.

7. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Bunny,
    Short circuited is a good description of what is going on in our brains. Dr. Cheney, you can read his articles in the library here, talks a lot about the low seisure activity in our brain. It's no wonder we feel frazelled.

I find that the time I have real trouble with this is when I've been over stimulated. One thing we can do is make sure we are getting high omega 3's in our diet.

Look at Dr. Cheney's articles in the library. Just put Dr. Cheney into the search there. I think you'll get a better understanding of why you feel the way you do.

Take Care,
    K.