Does Anyone Else Get Constant Yeast Infections?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I am so sick of it. At least once or twice a month I get a yeast infection and don't know what to do to prevent it.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know and I would like to know if any of you think it is connected to our disease? I have fibro by the way.

Thanks For any Responses, Pamela
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I was getting two or three yeast infections a month for years. Finally, I found AZOyeast. It has lactobacillus in it, along with mistletoe leaf and boneset. I take one a day every day and have not had more than three or four infections in three years.

It's great and inexpensive. You can find it at Wal-Mart, Target, CVS Pharmacy, places like that.

Linda
  3. Oh yes I have gotten them for years. I don't know the solution. My husband said I should have bought stock in monistat, I'd be rich by now!
  4. smalone

smalone New Member

you don't have diabetes. Some times people who are diabetic get these a lot.
  5. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I've never heard of this product but am willing to give it a shot. Monistat is getting expensive.
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

7. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I will try that AZO yeast. I have tried the AZO for bladder infections. And yes I do have diabetes. I know that alot of the problems is that my sugar is out of control. I don't know what is wrong with me I have just gotten where I can't afford my meds and so I don't take care of myself like I used to. I will try the eating yogurt too as I have heard that is good for yeast but I just haven't tried it and I love yogurt.

Thanks again everyone, Pamela
  8. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I checked it out yesterday at Walmart but found out it has lactose which I'm very intolerant.....oh well....off to the GYN tomorrow.

foxglove
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

on diabetes. Diabetics are prone to having a lot of yeast infections, especially if their sugars are high.

Have you ever been tested for diabetes?

Have you been to your GYN for a workup on what type it is? Whatever you're doing to treat it might be the wrong thing! I had a doctor once who used to say "you have to know the bug, to know what drug" to treat it with!

You should also avoid tub baths.

10. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Is it a vaginal suppository, or a pill to take orally?

If it's oral, the lactose is out for me too, but I sure would try it if it's suppository.

Jeanne
  11. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Virgin coconut oil kills candida very effectively. It's also very good for you. If anything, you may have to be careful with it because it works so well, it can cause strong herxing.

Coconut oil has caprylic acid and lauric acid which help kill the candida and you can take it regularly, it's good for your thyroid and skin and can help lower cholesterol and probably other things as well.

Tropical Traditions website has a lot of info about it, and there's a good book called The Coconut Oil Miracle which goes into a lot of detail about it.

Mary
  12. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Hi Pamela:

I used to many years ago. I am retired out of the medical field and can give you some advice that helped me and many of my patients.

Use mild soap, deodorant sprays, cotton underwear, and not just cotton lined. No tight fitting jeans etc. Sleep with no underwear at night, and if possible get out of your underwear as soon as you can and wear loose fitting cotton pj bottoms.

Cut down on sugar, and high carb diets. Don't use bubble baths. If you are on the pill this could be it. If you are in menopause it could be hormones and not yeast. It also could be you're not clearing up all the yeast infection each time so it returns.

Yeast builds up and then is flushed by your period. So right before you usually get it again. Pee after intercourse. Now two things that will sound funny but worked for me and many people. Use a hair dryer on your crotch before you get dressed. Sometimes you're not all the way dry and that causes it. The second, though not recomended helped me. Use a plain water or medicated douce, and then use the vaginal suppositories. I found it seemed to fluch out a lot of the yeast and gave the meds a better chance to work. Though this can drive the infection further so don't do it often.

Also your partner can be reinfecting you each time so refrain from intercourse while you have the infection. Also try taking Acidophillus.

I fought it for years and rarely get one now unless I am on an antibiotic. I know some of the things sound silly but they have helped so many.

Good luck.

M J
  13. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

The AZO Yeast is oral. I don't believe they make a suppository.

Linda