Does anyone else get peeling skin from their fingers?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smeyers, Jun 24, 2008.

1. smeyers

smeyers New Member

This happens to me a few times a year. A small piece of my skin will turn white and then the skin will peel off. And of course I have to pick and it and peel it some more til it bleeds. It takes twice as long then to heal. I showed it to my doctor once but she didn't say anything so I figuered it wasn't a big deal, but it drives me crazy!

And it isn't all of my fingers either, just one thumb and a couple of forefingers. Very bizarre.

Anyone else have this?
  2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

but on my feet--the bottom on my heels.
  3. willas

willas New Member

I have this on both my feet & hands. I've noticed that sometimes it's a reaction to a product I'm using, (laundry detergent, etc), sometimes it's a food reaction but I've also noticed that it happens when I let myself get dehydrated. Instead of peeling it, (ouch!), try using a gentle scrub such as an organic sugar scrub with vitamin E. It removes the dead skin & softens as well.
  4. JuliannaG

JuliannaG New Member

I get the same thing every year around the same time. Although, I notice that it sometimes occurs more often - could be due to global warming, and the fact that plants are flowering times of the year when they shouldn't.

Mine occurs during winter, around September/October (I live in the southern hemisphere!). But a few weeks ago, it erupted, but not so severely. I notice that our Tibouchina tree in the front yard has a few flowers on it - weird, it is usually covered in flowers in the middle of our hot and humid summer, in February. I figure that I have an allergy to something flowering in the garden, as we live in a sub-tropical climate, and there is always something in bloom, winter and summer. I may be wrong.

I also get peeling skin on the outside of my feet, just in front of the heel. No blisters, just a large patch of loose skin that I can peel off like after a bad sunburn. Then it goes away for a while.
  5. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

and my doc gave me a cream that got rid of it of course I can't find it to give u the name but I think it has stuff for excema and an antifungal in it clears it up every time iF i find it i'll post the name otherwise try an anti fungal cream or neosporin suttin like that-Kim
  6. smeyers

smeyers New Member

Thanks to all of you who responded to my question. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but it makes sense that some people with fibro might have it.

I have used Neosporin in the past, but the only way it works is to slather it on at night and then put on bandaids so it doesn't come off and it provides minimal relief.

I've never paid much attention to "when" it shows up. Just like the fibro, it seems to have it's own schedule but maybe it is due to allergies. I'll pay more attention next time. I live in the northeast so it's kind of "spring-like" here and lots of things are blooming. That could be a triger.