Does anyone else get sick of swallowing pills supplments meds etc

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PaulMark, Nov 4, 2002.

1. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

Since i've been sick with CFIDS and i guess later dev. the fms, i've had some trouble swallowing - i've heard others say this. Does anyone else get sick of having to swallow so many things, i don't take a lot of medication, as dr. cheney has not beeen able to help me, (hold no blame just fact), but especially when i'm overating or have binge and then the reflux thing, however as long as eating sensible reflux under control with dig. enzymes,

also it is so confusing about supplments - natural?? how natural are they??? they are still manmade. HOw do we actually know they are pure, we are not in the lab while they make them.

Ideally i would go with the advice of a juicing book i read back when i could read longer, he said YOUR body knows how much nutrients of juice (veggie mostly i talking) some fruit,,,, to use but with vitamines (ie synthetic) you can even get toxicity from some, and your body may even be thrown further out of balance,

I can attest certain multivitamins well most for me, make my frequent urination even more so telling me they are TOO strong,

Just throwing this out to you all -

I know what i would do if i lived in a place like CA instead of West KY> where ykou say organic and they look at you like you are from Mars.

I would just juice, but the veggies we get in our groceries especially in the winter are picked green and shipped so

there you go, you don't know how much nutrients etc. you are getting from them even in the juicer.

feel free to voice your concern,

as radical as hulda clark is in some of her books' she has some valid points about supplments and the purity of course she says don't take them unless you've tested them yourself, and who has the health or patience to follow her in depth protocol for testing supps. and her mehtods for testing how do we know they are accurate.

again controversial

as for that zapper some of yo have tried i 'm glad it helped but i used the thing and it was a toy to me,

thank you for listening paul Mark in KY
  2. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

Since i've been sick with CFIDS and i guess later dev. the fms, i've had some trouble swallowing - i've heard others say this. Does anyone else get sick of having to swallow so many things, i don't take a lot of medication, as dr. cheney has not beeen able to help me, (hold no blame just fact), but especially when i'm overating or have binge and then the reflux thing, however as long as eating sensible reflux under control with dig. enzymes,

also it is so confusing about supplments - natural?? how natural are they??? they are still manmade. HOw do we actually know they are pure, we are not in the lab while they make them.

Ideally i would go with the advice of a juicing book i read back when i could read longer, he said YOUR body knows how much nutrients of juice (veggie mostly i talking) some fruit,,,, to use but with vitamines (ie synthetic) you can even get toxicity from some, and your body may even be thrown further out of balance,

I can attest certain multivitamins well most for me, make my frequent urination even more so telling me they are TOO strong,

Just throwing this out to you all -

I know what i would do if i lived in a place like CA instead of West KY> where ykou say organic and they look at you like you are from Mars.

I would just juice, but the veggies we get in our groceries especially in the winter are picked green and shipped so

there you go, you don't know how much nutrients etc. you are getting from them even in the juicer.

feel free to voice your concern,

as radical as hulda clark is in some of her books' she has some valid points about supplments and the purity of course she says don't take them unless you've tested them yourself, and who has the health or patience to follow her in depth protocol for testing supps. and her mehtods for testing how do we know they are accurate.

again controversial

as for that zapper some of yo have tried i 'm glad it helped but i used the thing and it was a toy to me,

thank you for listening paul Mark in KY
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I have difficulty swallowing now. It seems as if it all hangs up, right about in the place that they do tracheotomies. It will stay there pills, food, whatever, until I manage to drink something to push them down. I also have some kind of nerve thing going on. It feels as if a tight ligature is wound around my neck, a very thin, line, and always in the same place. Keep checking, thinking I'll find piano wire, lol...who knows when my hubby might tire of this sickly baggage...hehe. So yes, taking all these pills, especially the horse size supplements, is a pain. I keep eyeing the content label on my supplements, too. Have this sneaky suspicion----
    Karen
  4. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

karen: i know the feeling, my feels stuck in that upper esohagus, why can't they make more chewable or liquid supps? i don't know. and you are right i eye the ingredients too, again we don't know, they are still made in a lab, well i guess it's not the Garden of eden anymore is it?

i' m sorry abou the hubby feelings, i live alone, my l7 daugt. lives with her mom 7 mi. away and hardly ever comes i don't drive anykmore too ill. we were very close and she luvs me i know but i miss her so bad enough being so sick day after day and to not see her

my sibling 4 sis's and l bro. don't understand beans about cfids i've given them cfids assoc. material and they still don't get it my closest sis in age called me mentally ill, for what having 4 dx codes and being on 2 disabilities at 49 yrs old????

well i understand those feelings, although i live alone, god bless PM
  5. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I take them without even thinking. When I first started a few years ago, it was a battle to get them down. But if you do anything enough times, it gets easier and you get good at it!

Just always be sure to drink LOTS of water with each one and they go down really slick.

Marilyn :)
  6. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

especially the capsules - they get stuck & start to dizzolve - its really gross - last week i actually burped out an entire ALA caplet - went like 2' - really strange - other times I can swallow them just fine. I guess it depends on the mood of my esophagus! Amy
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't know what you were expecting from using your zapper. Zappers are used to kill off pathogens in the body. Unless there is a massive killoff which produces a Herxheimer effect, you may notice no difference.

So much of the time, we expect miracles from our treatments and we are disappointed when they are not forthcoming. We need to give any supplement at least 90 days in order to evaluate whether or not we feel any different, unless we have an adverse reaction. Supplements often are helping us, but we may not actually feel noticibly better as in the case of whey or colostrum.

No one thing works all the time for everyone, but everything works a little bit for most of us.

Love, Mikie