Does Anyone else get these on scalp?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GigglePoet, Oct 20, 2008.

1. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

Does anyone else have this problem with their scalp or does anyone know what it is? For the last two years I have had swelling or pressure on top of head. 3 months ago I started getting bumps that come up and go down but can't get rid of them and the top of my head will burn something horrible. Some of these places feel like smaller cysts and there seems to be clear fulid that comes from them. I have used ice packs which brings some relief for burning but these spots just continue dispite my using anti fungals or anti bacterials on them. I am wondering if my HHVS 1 levels have come up and if these are herpe leisons. Just thought I would check here to see if anyone else has this issue and what you do.
    Thanks so much
  2. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I was so happy to see this post of yours!

For me this is the first time I have ever had something like this happen to me also!

I was describing mine as feeling like "my head was bruised" but overall it sounds very similar to yours came out of here is the interesting thing....after having this whatever, it is going on,... on my head ,...

I also, after about a week developed a nice size "zit" ( aka pimple ) Iam 51 years old in about a week or so, so it is very unlikely that i ever get "pimples" hahahaha

anyway I hope it makes you feel better knowing that someone else has similar head issues as you do:)

[This Message was Edited on 10/20/2008]
  3. aleutian

aleutian New Member

Yes, I have pustular bumps in head. Really bad recently. One doctor who looked at me said I had infected hair follicles. I don't know which virus to attribute this to. I have mouth sores and pubic sores as well. It's a continuing battle. Are you insulin resistant by any chance. I have been tested and have immune deficiency syndrome (low IGG 3 &4) and very borderline IGM--cannot fight off infections and viruses. I would like to know if this is a typical CFIDS or if this is our immune system gone awry?
  4. ETN

ETN New Member

Basically my dermatologists said it's similar to acne and basically called it scalp acne. But didn't tell me what to do for it.
    Mine comes and goes and when it comes it stays for a long time.
    I pick too, I know I shouldn't but it's a bad habit.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I had a virus which made me very sick. I got a very sore area in a circle on top of my head. It was about four inches in diameter. After the soreness left, and I was feeling better, a scaly scab appeared. It eventually sloughed off. I occasionally get a much smaller rough spot, not only on my scalp, but also on the skin on my body. The dermatologist said it is a common condition and could be caused by viruses.

Love, Mikie
  6. NewSky

NewSky New Member

Hello GigglePoet

A long time ago I had an advanced case Of what you're describing. On my shoulder as well. The clear fluid had a metallic smell. The itching and burning drove me crazy. When I told my doctor he didn't even look at it. He prescribed a lotion that had no effect.

I tried a few things. But, in a moment of sheer desperation - I grabbed some pure Dettol - and applied it to the affected areas. Next day, the itching and burning started subsiding. The areas started drying out, and peeling. Just like a bad sunburn.

When the skin would peel (and new skin showed through) I'd reapply the pure Dettol. And go through the same process - all over again. Each time the affected areas improved. It took years to clear up. I also get a similar rash on the elbows. This scalp/shoulder condition only happens maybe one or twice a year, now. It's not cured. But it doesn't worry me because I found a solution (excuse the pun)!

Perhaps you could try diluting it first. Because, it truly burns in its pure state. I found I simply got used to it. The more the affected areas healed - the less the Dettol burned. It worked for me. I was really surprised that other CFS/Fibro sufferers are experiencing the same symptom.

Good luck to you, and others experiencing this. NewSky
    [This Message was Edited on 10/21/2008]