Does anyone else go thru intense periods of nervousness?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Aug 8, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I am so nervous. I go thru periods of such intense nervousness (for no good reason). I"m nauseated, shaky, and just feel like crap. I have nothing to be nervous about. I"m on a break from school right now and not working.

I'm so frustrated. Guess I just wanted to vent.
    Meow
  2. Louise1988

Louise1988 New Member

Hi,

yes i feel the same at times, however i also feel very insecure and feel that everyone is lying to me and cheating! this has been very hard and tested my realationship with my other half.

Louise
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I get that way too. Nervousness and confused and then I start crying. It seems to happen when I get overloaded and it does not take much to set it in play. Simple things like adding more supplements to my diet, one more thing to try to remember. Buying my food vegetables, washing them and chopping and steaming them. I feel the nervousness is the begining on my panic attacks. I hate them.
    Dee 50
  4. davebhoy

davebhoy New Member

used to get it really bad, now its occasionally.

relaxation techniques work well for me. you need to do them regularly before they work but they do work. them and meditation is great as well.
  5. Risk

Risk New Member

yes, definitely experience it, especially when coupled with extra stress, or if I eat chocolate (caffeine and I don't get along, but it's hard to give up the chocolate!). And sometimes, just out of the blue, I'll feel my heart race and I just can't sit still. I feel for all of you and Meow, hang in there. It's just another part of this DD, that is, as long as you had other things ruled out. For me, the feeling of being shakey is the worst.

Hugs,
    Rene
  6. MissKitty05

MissKitty05 New Member

You bet! Sometimes I feel my nerves are on the edge, and I don't consider myself a nervous person. Loud noises, stress, sudden noises, or actions can take a toll on my nerves.
  7. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

Like when things are going so well, I get scared! Something bad can happen, yada, yada, yada.

My mother is 84 years old and not well. A lot of my friend's mother's have recently passed away. My father passed away last November. I'm scared of her going.

I get scared and nervous for no apparent reasons too. My therapist said I have "floating anxiety". It's not what I'm thinking, it's an actual physical disorder. I don't have to be "nervous" for me to have anxiety. I hate it.

BxGirl
  8. greatgran

greatgran Member

I live this way 24/7. I guess its anxiety
    and I hate it...Wasn't like this until the cfs..Not sure it I am dealing with two different things..I live in fear, afraid to do this or go there etc..My life is miserable because I am this way..

9. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

I use to think it was just me. I get real nervous sometimes that my hands shake. I hate that. People say to me, "What's the matter, you are so jumpy". It makes me more nervous when they say that.

Boy, do we have A LOT of things, it never ends...

Hugs,
    Francey54
  10. fahan

fahan New Member

I especially get that way if I don't eat every so many hours, ( like 3 or 4 hrs., should be able to live

on fat)!! Oatmeal cream cookise help me! I'm

still figuring out what sweets help and what doesn't do the trick though.

I'm not talking about eating for comfort, but truley to calm dowm my system!

I also get nauseated, jettery, not afraid as people tend to think, even my voice shakes, I'm not scared or afraid,

but the body language and insides try telling another one.

Yes I know what you mean I think anyway, this is a problem.

I wish I could help you, maybe try eating someting, getting it in your system, see how you feel in afew minutes.

I hope you find some relief, it's not fun. fahan
  11. pspatnode

pspatnode New Member

This sounds like low blood sugar Meow. If it is eating some protein would help you more than something sweet. The sugar will raise your blood sugar way high and then it will drop low again. The protein will stay in your system longer and help level out your blood sugar.

Hope you feel better!!
  12. Zuben

Zuben New Member

Yes, I shake a great deal and often since I got this dd. On the last trip to the neurologist she called it myoclonus or 'essential shaking." I drop things and knock over cups of tea etc and occasionally stumble. Neurontin was prescribed but it had no effect in this det. and had so many side effects I had to stop taking it.

It is very uncomfortable and persistent. What happens is that I get sudden muscle spasms, nausea etc allegedly from the brain sending out 'wrong' signals

You are not alone, Meow!