Does anyone else have feet that hurt?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MildredAnn, Jan 29, 2003.

1. MildredAnn

MildredAnn New Member

My feet hurt MOST of the time on the ball of my foot. I have not padding left on them. I have used NUMEROUS foor inserts and orthodics. Does anyone know how to stop the pain? Thanks.
  2. pamela

pamela New Member

But my feet hurt from a wreck and surgery. I do get lots of relief from the hottest water you can stand and soak in it as long as you can stand it. Actually, soak your whole body in hot water. Other than that maybe a doctor visit would help too. Pamela
  3. mlw

mlw New Member

I stongly suggest going to a podiatrist. It could be a variety of things. I had pain and swelling in my left foot. Turned out to be a nueroma which is the swelling of the nerve in between the 3rd and 4th toe. It was successfuly taken out and now I can do any type of exercise (walking, jogging, etc.)

Good luck
    MLW
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

My feet have been hurting me all of my life! I have no padding on the tops or bottoms of my feet. I've had bunion surgery and a neuroma removed. I agree with the suggestion that you see a podiatrist. There are many different types of foot pain, and a podiatrist can diagnose you and treat the problems. I have a lot of faith in a good podiatrist! Also, MLW, I had a neuroma removed a few years ago. Since then, because they cut the nerve, I have phantom pain in the toe where the nerve was cut. Do you have anything like that?

Annette2
  5. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I have chronic foot pain. History of plantar faciitis and pain has never completely gone away. I also have flat feet. I do have to wear sneakers with high arches and for me the brand Brooks, works. The best style of Brooks is the Ariel for me. I also had to tie the top tie on the extra hole they usually have, and it holds my heel in place. Unfortuntely, I'm having trouble finding them & they are a year old. This weekend I bought a pair of MENS Brooks sneakers, called Men's Shake. They're the closest to a good fit that I could find. I found them at a sporting goods store, who's discontinuing the line. I may have to look on-line to buy since it's becoming way too difficult to locate. I usually have to try shoes on. I have alot of trouble fitting. I haven't yet found a 'shoe' as a leather dress shoe that I can wear for any amount of time without pain. I have surely tried and spent hundreds of dollars attempting. I have one pair that I can wear for a short period of time if very little walking is involved.

Good luck & if you have any suggestions, let me know. dolsgirl
  6. Bambi

Bambi New Member

on QVC. They are the only company that actually makes the shoes on a
    form of a woman's foot. All the rest
    are supposedly just made on a man's
    form and then made a little smaller.
    They aren't expensive either and they
    do have several types. Naturally I
    can't think of the name "fog", but
    if you do an IQVC search I think they
    only have one kind.
    Hugs, Bambi
  7. bluebirder

bluebirder New Member

I also suffer from chronic foot pain from Plantar Fasciitis and was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia as well.

Pain began after an injury at work. They discovered a heel spur and cut the compensation telling me to go back to my own Doctor! He diagnosed plantar fasciitis. I got shots in the heels. Against Dr orders I went back to work (needed to pay for bills hubby decided weren't his respnsibility). I borrowed a walking splint/cast from my cousin (who had surgery for the same thing). The splint kept my ankle from bending. With that cast/splint on I was sent out to recruit/canvas neighborhoods to increase enrollment!!! I gave my resignation that spring knowing I was increasing bills and hurting myself more each day.

The shots to the heel did help some. That doctor was laid off.

I got a night splint off the superstore on the website: www.excelir.com/fussell and wore it at night. That helped some so I could step without as much pain in the morning.I also got sport orthotic inserts ordered by the physical therapist which I wear in Rockport shoes (hey are the only shoes the inserts fit in without my heel coming out).

Lately it is bothering me more again. For the last several days it feels like someone is standing on the top of my left foot.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/31/2003]