Does anyone else have groin pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by argjcas, Sep 19, 2008.

1. argjcas

argjcas New Member

I have been having horrible pain on left side in the groin area? Does anyone else experience this? and if so Do you know of a way to help
    Thank you,
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

I have groin pain. Tho not all the time.
    Sometimes its when I feel bladder symptoms,.. like a UTI.
    Other times I think it may be related to my low back pain.?? at any rate,..
    I've never really gotten and exact reason for it from my drs.
    some people here say it could be trigger points in the area that cause this groin pain.
    It is uncomfy,..and nothing really helps~
    My pain meds and using moist heat helps lessen the pain somewhat.
    Mine comes and goes like every other pain of mine.
    Hope this helps~
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Another possibiity is pain in the lymph nodes. Whenever I have had that, it occurred on both sides, though. I don't know what to do about it.

PITATOO Member

I had it years ago. It was one of the first "weird" symptoms that did not make sense to me at all. I am now a 45 yo male and at the time I was a 31 I was having the groin pain. Dr's could not explain it because in their eyes "nothing" was there to cause it. I do believe it was lymph nodes as I now have the knowledge of knowing how they work. You'd think Dr's would. Mine were swollen in the usual place when you get a cold etc, the throat area. But as I found out that is only a minute location of glands in your total body. I still get them swollen in my neck and under my arms, which really hurt, but no more groin area for some weird reason????? Good luck. But do rule out anything pathaological first. Bobby
  5. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

This was one of the first symptoms I experienced (right-sided groin) months before my diagnosis. And when I flare badly, that pain returns.

Awhile ago, there was a post asking people if one side of their body bothered them--painwise--more than the other. In my case, it's my right side, but I was surprised to read just how many people experience their pain almost consistently on one side. Go figure.

[This Message was Edited on 09/21/2008]
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

You can Google PFD and get more info. This problem is rampant in Fibro. The muscles that support the pelvic floor get weak and spasm, just like our other muscles.

It can cause low back pain, groin pain, hip pain, urinary frequency and urgency, painful intercourse, and even a sciatica-like pain called Piriformis syndrome. I have had it get so bad that I limp for days. For me, it's all on my right side.

Physical Therapy can help, but you have to find that rare Physical therapist who knows the PFD techniques, and be able to handle the internal massage and internal electrical stimulation that is sometimes used.

I am too modest to even think of trying that, so I just do exercises for the piriformis muscles and get acupuncture when it gets really bad.

I wish I had the guts to have the P.T. done, since the urinary frequency is a huge problem for me...about 20 times a day, and the right-sided groin pain ended our sex life long ago.

If yours is not as bad as mine yet, and esp. if you are still young, please don't wait until it gets this bad to act.

Good luck,

7. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Like klutzo is mentioning, pelvic floor dysfunction/tension can cause pain in that area, the thigh, down the legs, in the bladder area, low back and hips. Might want to look into that.

I had mine diagnosed Jan or Feb 2007 (?) and got PT and have been so much better since then. If left untreated it can cause serious problems.

You can get more info about this to see if it fits what you are dealing with my reading the "intercourse is painful" thread or looking at pelvic pain posts on my profile. There are lots of links to good into online about it.
  8. sunflowerxo

sunflowerxo New Member

Oh yes, I have groin pain with
    FM if I overstretch, try to sit on the back of the motorcycle and with just about anything I do. Sometimes I feel like it is just so painful.... Just light stretching and I really don't know how to make it better....