Does anyone else have Neuropathy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Just need to know if its part of fm or not?
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Just need to know if its part of fm or not?
  3. Puma

Puma New Member

Carlacat.....I have Periferal Neuropathy along with FMS. As much as I can understand, many of us do. My arms from the elbows down to through the hands have burning pain all the time. Cold air is torture but cover is just as bad. My feet, especially the bottom of the feet have the same sensation.
    The palms of our hands and the soles of our feet have a concentrated amount of nerve supply and that is why the pain is worst there. I'm sorry you have to endure this as I know how awful it can be.
    Hope For The Best, Plan For The Rest and Keep The Faith..Puma
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is one of those things, like IBS, to which we seem to be prone. My Mom had FMS and she had it. She took extra vitamin B-12 and she made sure to exercise as she was able to keep the circulation in her feet going.

Love, Mikie
  5. Puma

Puma New Member

Hey Mikie,
    Yes IBS is also a part of FMS/NDPN. Isn't it cool how they give all these conditions long unpronouncable names and then call them by letters?
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Actually, when I'm on the Doxycycline for the chronic mycoplasma infection, my IBS goes away. Also, I have taken probiotics for years.

I believe that IBS, like ulcers, may often be caused by bacterial infection.

Love, Mikie