Does anyone else have PCOS?....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shelbyeatenton, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Shelbyeatenton

Shelbyeatenton New Member

I have FM and also have PCOS and i read (just randomly) in another post about someone else having PCOS.

I was just wondering how many other people may have PCOS and if there is any sort of link between that and FM?

Any answers please let me know!

Many thanks,

Shelby
    xxx
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

What does it mean?

AC
  3. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

what is this?
  4. Shelbyeatenton

It is a syndrome causing little cysts to forms on your ovaries, mine were detected on a simple ultrsound scan.

It also explains/causes weight gain, excess bodily facial hair, irregular period and can sometime cause a problem with insulin. I think its called insulin resistence? but as i am unsure it would be best for other people to clarify it.

I have since found if you search PCOS on here you'll find a lot more information.

To be honest i didn't look into it that much for some reason? I had stomach pain for a while and they ended up sending me for a scan and that was the diagnosis?

Any other links, info would be most welcome! (i should really learn more, it may be adversly affecting my fibro without me even thinking/realisng it?)

Anyway, thinking cap off for now as its way to early,

Hugs,

Shelby
    xxx

5. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I have PCOS too. Haven't found a doctor to help me with it yet. Not sure of the connection between FM and PCOS.
  6. Thistledown

Thistledown New Member

I take Metformin XR 2000 mg/day...
  7. Shelbyeatenton

yes....

they did originally put me on that to treat it.

i had a test to do with my glucose and they put me on that but it gave me extremely dizzy spells, to the point of passing out, so they took me off, quicker than i could say boo!

please would you explain insulin resistance further as i never really understood it?

How is it doing for you?hoping it helps.

hugs
    Shelby
    xxx
  8. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I use mayoclinic.com to research all my medical problems

and also webmd.com