Does anyone else have problems with getting "Staff Infections"?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibro-Kel, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Fibro-Kel

Fibro-Kel New Member

I need to know if anyone else has ever had "problems" with getting a "Staff Infection", whenever they have had surgery, or stitches of any kind? I have both FMS and the Epstein-Barr-Virus, and it NEVER fails, whenever I have had either stitches from a cut, or surgery, I ALWAYS get a severe Staff infection!!!

The bigger the incision, the "worse" the staff infection!
    In fact, in 2003, I had major surgery, and my incision literally "BURST" open (toward the bottom of the incision!)

After I got out of the hospital after 3 weeks, I was re-admitted for an additional 5 days, because of the "Staff Infection"! The surgeon on call, said he'd never seen anything like it! I was swollen all around the area of my "incision"!

So, am I just a "freak of nature", or does anyone else ever have this problem? Also, (and this has NOTHING to do with the Staff Infections that I get at times). Anyway, I continually "run a fever", and I mean 5 out of 7 days, I'm running a "fever"! Does anyone else have this problem too?

Take Care
    and
    "GOD Bless",
    Kelly
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

in my leg. They called it cellulitis. I was on IV antibiotics for 6 weeks. They put in a PICC line so I could do it at home. They still don't know how I got it. No surgery or cut or anything. I have diabetes, so that made it even worse.

Staph infections can be pretty serious, as you already know. Maybe you should go on antibiotics before any kind of procedure, just to be safe.

God Bless.
  3. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I posted a repy to you on the other post. I just wanted to let you know.

Take care, Sally
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

since I was in high school, I'm talking 40 years or so ago!!

This subject has been posted before because I remember posting to it.

Dara