Does Anyone Else Have SAD in Summer?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by denisethebull, Aug 1, 2004.

1. denisethebull

denisethebull New Member

At the end of every summer I can barely drag my butt out of bed. Is anyone else like this?
  2. patsie

patsie New Member

Hi:

I have always suffered from depression and during the summer, I also have SAD; many days just cannot get out of bed but do finally push myself to do so. But it is not an easy task. I find that after the first 3 hours or so, it gets better, but I know it is due to depression as that happens the same in the winter and other months. Have you checked into the light therapy recommended for this? I have not done this bc I also have fibro and other medical problems and just can't address everything. Especially since I am no longer as young. Good luck and God Bless You.
  3. sickomom

sickomom New Member

Hi! I've had a bad summer also. I have two children and had a hard time focusing all summer. I wish that someone in my house knew how I felt.
  4. NewStar

NewStar New Member

i broke up with my girlfriend after 2 years over the summer. . .
  5. katka

katka New Member

Yep THST'S A REAL PROBLEM FOR ME
    HUMIDITY HAS A BIG PART TO DO WITH IT
    THE MORE HUMID THE MORE PAIN AND TIRED I GET THUS CAUSE THE SADS
    JUST CHECK OUT THE HUMIDITY LEVELS IN THE DAY AND YOU'LL FEEL BETTER TO KNOW THAT COULD BE A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH YOU
    ONLY A THOUGHT GOOD LUCK BABE
    KATKA ( GOLD COAST AUSTRALIA )
  6. theroyalscot

theroyalscot New Member

Hi Denise, I too have sads, I thought it was because I come from Scotland where it is normally cool and over here in the Sates lot hot summers. I go into a depression when the sun comes out because I know how long the days are. So I understand perfectly. Take good care "the royalscot"