Does anyone else have this kind of pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ldoty, Aug 1, 2008.

1. ldoty

ldoty New Member

Has anyone with FM ever had such pain and burning in their hip that it feels like you can feel a nerve rubbing against something everytime you walk and your thigh feels numb? I woke up this am with that feeling. It is very painful to touch that area and I can hardly feel anything on that side of my thigh. Just wondering if this is part of FM or something else?
    [This Message was Edited on 08/01/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/01/2008]
  2. bikrgrl

bikrgrl New Member

i have nights that i wake up screaming from that, it seems to come and go. Hopefully it goes for you real soon!
  3. sunflowerxo

sunflowerxo New Member

Hi I do have alot of pain in hips and especially the IT band which runs down the outside of the leg. It can feel numb but if I do touch my hip or thigh to press on it, it to feels bruised and really sore. I also have the pelvic/groin pain also. I try to stretch my legs and thighs in warm water pool but have no luck on the floor stretching yet. Tough area to keep comfortable especially at night when sleeping on my side, the hip pain awakens me. I would love to hear from other people and see any ideas they have..
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Whichever side I sleep on seems to be in pain the next morning so I try to switch each night.

It's always best to check with your doctor before you "assume" it's from FM. It could be something that could be treated.

Take care
  5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I don't have burning pain in my hip, but I do have a place on my thigh that is numb but hurts, if that makes sense. It itches from time to time and I can't feel my fingernails on my skin so it just keeps itching. I think that is part of the nerve whatever that makes it feel numb. It is weird!
  6. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

You described the pain that I have had most of today exactly.

It's so hard to walk or even sit comfortably with this and lying on the side can be problematic too.

The only thing that takes the edge of it for me is Klonopin as it is nerve pain and the other meds for this type of pain eg Lyrica and Neurontin (which you might want to try) don't work on me.

Gentle hugs,

Bunchy x
  7. ldoty

ldoty New Member

I went to my doctor. While being examined, he pushed on my tender spot on my hip (which hurt like h**l) then started pressing around my groin area and I about went through the roof. He told me I have a pinched nerve in my groin area and the nerve runs down the outer side of my hip, which in turn can make it numb. He said this has nothing to do with FM. He prescribed cortisone pills and capsasin for it. He told me he would give me a shot but felt the nerve was already so sore that he would like to try the pills first.
    I just waned to share this with everyone.
    Thanks for all your responses...
  8. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

Idoty - sometimes my hips feel like a hot spear going through them. There are areas on my legs that are numb but feel like water/blood running down them. Then there are the bugs that I slap at, and then scratch where they 'bit'.

Oh, yes, the pains here are tremendously weird, but I suggest you always check with your doctor if you aren't sure and if it doesn't go away.

Good luck,

9. YES I have that really bad. First he said it was fibro, gave me injections and it helped. Three wks ago he said bursitis and gave me an injection, it still hasn't helped and I am in severe pain. It hurts to walk (muscles tight) and at night it hurts to lay on my side. This is the worst of my problems, it is BAD.
  10. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

About the only time I don't have this is if I have been on a "dose pack" of steroids, usually for a bad sinus infection that won't clear up.

There is inflammation in my hip joints. Is it possible that you have arthritis too?
  11. ldoty

ldoty New Member

I am not sure if I have arthritis or not. When I was at my doctor's office I asked him if he would do a scan just to make sure nothing else was going on. He said that we would talk about it when I see him next week. I wasn't very impressed with the answer.
    Due to insurance reasons, I am not able to see my docs that dx'd me. My new insurance will not cover them. This has been only my second visit to this doc. I sometimes get the feeling he isn't to sure if he wants me as a patient. The first time I went, I started to cry a little. He asked me why I was crying. I told him "everything and nothing". He said there was no reason to cry. I then asked him if he knew anything about depression and if he did, did he know this can be part of it?". I am sure I came off like an a** but he had my chart right in front of him and we had just reviewed my illnesses.
    I just hate (and I mean hate) going through this doctor change.