Does Anyone Else Have Trouble On Chat Here?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pookieruth, Sep 29, 2006.

1. pookieruth

pookieruth New Member

Hi All! I went on Chat last night for the first time and I was thrilled to talk with others. BUT . . . it was very confusing for me - everybody talking at once, different conversations going on, and oh so fast!! I really could not keep up. Don't get me wrong - it's a wonderful way to share with others. I'm just wondering if any one else has this problem? My concentration is limited at best these days, so I guess I'll stick with the message boards instead.
    Lee
  2. janieb

janieb New Member

You managed to get on the chat line. I've worked on computers since we used all numbers and were on line with the technical college at work and I still couldn't figure out how to get on the darn thing.

Blessings,

janieb
  3. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

You did good just getting there...I havn't figured it out either....Good luck!!
  4. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I agree.

I too found it very fast moving and impossible to keep up.....within minutes I felt lost amongst the croud.
  5. wendye

wendye Member

Sorry that you felt not included. You just have to jump in and say whatever you would like to talk about. Or ask questions etc....... The chat has been very helpful for me and i have met some wonderful friends there. I also enjoy these message boards. Come back and try again if you would like. To change rooms you click on the room and it should hightlight then press on enter and it will take you there.

Hugs Wendy
  6. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

Hi Lee-I gave up on chatting about 5 months ago. I've found it to be very much a "click". Most people have been on there for a long time and monopolize the entire conversation. Once in a while I peek in to see if things have changed. Hope you have better luck!! Mary
  7. serenety

serenety New Member

tonight was the 1st time i`ve been in chat & i found them all very friendly.
    The reason i haven`t been in before is `cos i didn`t have Java script i had to down load it...i`m real glad i did.
    Hugs Serenety.
  8. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

but I could not do it. It moved to quickly. I felt too presssured.

It takes me a long time to type a post. I don't know the abbreviations and I need spell check.

I would use it to meet someone if I needed to have a private conversation though if there is a private room.

I just did not feel comfortable.
  9. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Does it not support Macintosh computers? I have a mac laptop and when I tried to get on the chat nothing came up. No chat room. Is it my computer?

Pam
  10. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

A long time ago on another board. Everyone was friendly and patient with me but I was still too overwhelmed. Even with IM and Windows Messenger with one friend. There are some on here with whom I'd like to visit with but I'd always feel like it's taking me too long to answer a question or make a comment. So I'm just more content with the leisurly pace of messages.
  11. pookieruth

pookieruth New Member

to get a sense of any cliques. I just felt so slow and clumsy - by the time I typed a reply, the conversations had drifted on to something else! I have noticed that my cognitive abilities are a bit altered these days though, so chatting might not be my thing. I was made very welcome, but I felt like a horse's behind!!

Thanks for all the replies!
    Lee

12. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

My son tells me that I can't keep up with chat rooms because we're on dial up & not broadband. Don't know if it's true - my brain & hands don't work very fast either!