Does anyone else have trouble standing for any length?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by k5334, Jul 14, 2008.

1. k5334

k5334 New Member

I always thought this was due to my fibro but I'm not sure. My legs begin to have pain whenever I stand in place for more than 10 minutes at a time. I'm 37 years old. I have trouble making a meal because you are on your feet in pretty much one spot. I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem?
  2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Yes, I have noticed an increase in pain in my legs when I stand to long or when I try to walk for too long of a period.

When I'm cooking I get things going and try to sit down for a few minutes at a time when I can and this helps a little bit. I'm almost 44 yrs old. :)

Honestly it's hard for me to sit or stand for any length of time........have to constantly change positions.

Take care, Susan
  3. charming

charming New Member

Yes I get pain in my legss and the bottom of my feet when standing for more than 30 mins.I sometimes think its because of my fibro too and my hip and have any of you legs feel very weak and painful when you sit down too long and you decide to get up to move around that happens also and if I lay down too long my legs and feet hurt when I decide to get up I just can't win if I stand too long or if I sit too long or if I lay down too long I am in pain
    [This Message was Edited on 07/14/2008]
  4. optimiss

optimiss New Member

Yes! I stand all day at my job. I can sit when I need to take a break though. My pain is from hips to feet, also low back. My toes go numb when I stand still too. If I am in any position, sitting, standing or lying, more than a few minutes, my legs start to hurt more. I have to move around alot.
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

I have a lot of damage in my back and can't stand for more than a couple of min. The pain goes across my lower back across the bottom of my butt and down both legs. I sit on my walker when doing chores or in line in the stores. Do you think you should ask for some back xrays? Just a thought.
  6. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

admittedly, it had to be on dirt paths, and I could Jazzercise for an hour at a time with no pain or very little pain after working on my feet all day teaching 3rd Grade. Now the pain in my legs and back gets so bad I sometimes have to use a wheelchair. Most of the time I'm able to be up for a few minutes at a time and occasionally longer.

When I cook I have to rest every 20 min. or so and it's rare that I can even do that. This pain feels like bone pain and tendon pain and then later it hits my muscles. There are so many different kinds of pain that I get it's hard to describe them all. The problem is that the pain lasts for the rest of my waking hours which is often all night long, even if I hot tub. Then my digestion gets all messed up really bad, maybe from the exertion or pain.

I had CFS for a decade before this problem came up. I used to get a bit of pain before that was unexplained but after I sprained my back the FMS set in and has continued to progressively get worse over the past 8 years. I thought I needed Chiropractic care for it but actually, the chiro was making it worse. Back x-rays and and MRI showed nothing.

[This Message was Edited on 07/14/2008]