Does anyone else have trouble with bronchial asthma? bronchitis?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mastersinger, Feb 24, 2003.

1. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

Hi!! I seem to get brochitis a lot, or now they are saying bronchial asthma. I take advair, have been on Biaxin and z pak for 4 days,now he is giving me singular-staring in children's dosages to be careful with blood pressure and tamiflu. I have had this for a month or so. Sound like a smoker's hack at times. but seems somewhat better. Does my husband smoke? Yes, but usually outside or in the garage, or before he comes in the house. Does he cough? NO! does any one else have any similar circumstances?
  2. Katlover

Katlover New Member

I have bronchial asthma. I've had it for years....My hubby used to smoke and like yours, he would go outside. Problem is that the smoke "smell" still lingered on him and would set me in a tailspin of coughing and wheezing! Thank goodness he quit (eith help from that marvelous patch!!). My asthma doc had me on volmax pills, ventolin, azmacort and serevent. Went to his partner in the practice as a followup after being sick and the partner took me off of azmacort and serevent and prescribed advair. I don't know how the advair affects you, but with me it REALLY made my fibro flare up. I was in terrible pain and the fatigue was overwhelming. My regular doc had never heard of advair doing that, but told me to start back on my "old treatment." I get those "hacking coughs" sometimes - sounds like I'm getting ready to hack out a lung or something! I've never been put on the singular, but have been put on the z-pack several times for various infections. That seemed to really help! If you are getting really short of breath, you may want to consider getting on a fast acting rescue inhaler like ventolin. I keep one with me at all times! Good luck!
    Kat