Does anyone else hibernate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bigmama2, May 17, 2006.

1. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

Does anyone else get so tired sometimes that you just have to hibernate?
    After the work week (and it was only 30 hrs) I would get so tired I'd crash for an entire day. Sleep 12 hours, get up to pee, and still be super tired. I'd get up for a little and watch tv and fall asleep again!!!! I'd be so out of it I wouldn't even get hungry or eat, which is weird, because I love food. I call this my hibernation mode. And during it I am not depressed at all, just hibernating!
    I have recently stopped working and have not been hibernating nearly as much. Does anyone else do this?
    Bigmama2
  2. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

I do it and I am not depressed either. Just exhausted. It has been worse since my horse riding accident. I am coming out of it now which is good cause I need to get back out on the road!!

3. kriket

kriket New Member

And yes, I am like a hybernating bear if I get disturbed before I get ready to come out. Sometimes we just have to do this. It's kind of like a time-out.

Kriket
  4. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

All my friends work and have famililes that need them around and mine are grown up and two are married and 1 is back east as a nanny. So I really don't have many friends to do things with.

I like to watch movies but going to the theater makes my head ache and me sick to my stomache as the sound is so LOUD!!!

And where there are florscent lights they buzz and that sound gets to me and I don't want to have to deal with it.

My life has changed enough and while I would like to be able to do more and get out and exercise I only can do so much or I over do it. And then as my husband tells me Ii am sick for days after. I had gone to a Moutian man rondevous last year and only spent 1 day walking around visiting with firends and it is a LONG walk to see everyone and yes I aDMIT IT i REALLY OVER DID IT .

I paid for it too, I spent four days in bed in severe pain. So IF I am going to this one this year I am going to let people come to me to visit and what walking I will be doing is going to be minumal and I am not going to over do it again.

My husband tells me that it makes me sick and I get weak and trip over things like side walks. Well I did and that was 1 time adn I shattered my left wrist and had to have major surgery to fixit . It has a titauim plate and 6 screws in it.

My husband was telling me that I don't stay up in the mountians when I go to the rondevous { RE-enactment of that period of time between 1800-1840 know as the Mountian Man Era} The hubby sited the time that I shattered my left wrist. HE said that I did n't stay there or go back after I tripped and fell . I had to ask him would he go back when he was in a lot of pain and sick to his stomache from the break? HE didn't answer me as he is a Man and sorry guys you just don't understand women and how we react to trauma, I was in shock and in pain ,So I did not go back up to it. I did want to but it was not smart to do.

Well I am off to bed now. HUGS
    Rosemarie