Does anyone else itch just at night?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Saoirse3, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

I'm fine during the day, but lately right after my bath I start to itch. At first I thought it was the water, so I got a filter for the bathtub. Then I thought it was dry, winter skin, so I added a few drops of organic olive oil. I smell like a salad and still itch. I thought perhaps an air filter, so we blew megabucks on a Rabbit Air that filter out everything but daylight and oxygen. The only thing I have done new is start a sugar-free diet and started Serapeptase. Could the herbal make me itch? I have been giving up and taking a Zyrtec at night, but I'd like to get this itching thing down.

Hugs to all,
    Itchy & Scratchy
  2. Toga

Toga Member

I found several years ago that I have lots of chemical allergies. It was always worse at night.

I use Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion (Unscented or Fragrance Free.)

Immediately after a bath or shower, lightly dry yourself and then rub the stuff in everywhere. I have to get my husband to do my back. I also have a back applicator for those times when he isn't here. It works for me.

The few times I skipped this I started itching within a few minutes.

3. spacee

spacee Member

Yours sounds more complicated!

Hoping you can figure it out!

4. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I itch all over at this time of the year, even my eyes, every year. In my case it's from all the pollen in the air. There's just no way to filter all of it out.

We have lots of trees in our yard too. Did the itching just start recently? Maybe that's what it is.
  5. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

But they are still covered in snow. We have mostly Sitka spruce in the yard, with a few aspen and cottonwood trees. Only in the summer is the cottonwood a problem, and then it looks like an explosion at Build a Bear! Because it's so dry here (the snow is so powdery you have to add water to make a snowball), there is constant dust and the air will suck you dry. I found some relief with coconut oil. My cats seem to like it too - they line up at night to lick it off my feet!