Does anyone else pop?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tonijo, Sep 18, 2002.

1. tonijo

tonijo New Member

Sometimes when I try to move I pop. Most of my joints pop at one time or another. Sometimes my fingers are so stiff I have to pop them just to get them to work.
    tonijo
  2. tonijo

tonijo New Member

Sometimes when I try to move I pop. Most of my joints pop at one time or another. Sometimes my fingers are so stiff I have to pop them just to get them to work.
    tonijo
  3. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

My body sounds like a bowl of Rice Crispies!! My neck, fingers, and toes are the worst.

-Shoobie
  4. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

I crack all my joints when stiff and it really does make them feel looser. I guess we need oiling. The chiro told me to be careful though. That we can miss aliein our joints if done wrong and that you should have the movement in the joint checked out before. She checked my wrists and fingures so far and said okay, but be careful. I thought that when I move my neck around to the right left and around that the noise was the vertabra but, she said no, it was the muscles.

Take care, Kim and Gary
  5. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

I'm getting a visual of the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz - LOL!

I thought the pops were actually just air escaping the joint?

Although my muscles are all like rocks so they might be cling-clanging around in there too.

-Shoobie
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but, this is almost surely crepitus, which is a sign of arthritis. Get it checked out by your Rheumy. The one exception would be finger joints that pop....that doesn't mean anything except you have musical fingers! :)
    KLutzo

[ advertisement ]