Does anyone else smell really bad?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swiss, Sep 9, 2006.

1. swiss

swiss New Member

Before I was sick I smelled good. I took a shower everyday and smelled fresh the rest of the day. Now, even with a shower everyday, I smell bad. Not really BO but more a sick smell like when you go into a hospital. Any suggestions for smelling pretty again?

Michele
  2. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Either my nose is more sensitive, or I am secreting toxins from my body. Everything just smells more sour. I shower at least once a day and wash up in between.
  3. Abednego

Abednego New Member

I have this problem when viral conditions aggravate my fibro; what really helps me is the following:
    1.) Don't eat junk. I have been a vegetarian for 37 years. I do not often require deodorant! But I sure did when I ate meat. Most vegetarians that eat healthy otherwise have noticed this.
    2.) Drink PLENTY of water. Avoid soft drinks. Iced tea is better than coffee at bad times, if you need a lift.
    3.) Both my wife and I use this successfully: Add a couple of "apple cider vinegar" cocktails to your daily diet: A couple of tablespoons apple cider vinegar plus some honey in a big glass of water. I promise you you'll notice the difference!! Changes your bodily PH over time; it balances you in numerous ways.
    4.) Double or triple your intake of FRESH fruit--if it's available where you live, choose organic. The taste alone is worth the price difference.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2006]
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

It's from the meds. I take meds for both Crohn's and FM. My sweat reeks, and my urine has a awful smell to it.

I do shower twice a day. It's an absolute necessity.

This is such an embarrassing problem.

Michelle
  5. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Please be careful with the talc or fragrance. They are loaded with hazardous chemicals. formalhehyde, toluene, DBT, to name a few
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

You need to mention this to your doctor. There may be a medical reason as to why your body is giving off this odor/smell.
  7. alyssalyn

alyssalyn New Member

Now that I am tottering between 95-100% wellness, I notice that I get smelly -- not just smelly, but RANK! -- when I stop eating right (fresh and raw and natural) and start eating things that aren't good for me (highly processed, lots of sugar and hydrogenated fat, artificial colors and preservatives). It also is when I am not getting enough water, and especially when I have any sugar in my diet. Even my mouth tastes bad at those times. I take care of disabled people for a living now, and at times, one of my people mentions my smell. (Even with deodorant.) It is always when I went to eating poorly for a month. When I go back to eating right, I ask what I smell like, and she says she can't smell me. And that's without deodorant. Like someone else said, my theory it is about toxins being secreted from the skin. If we put less toxins into the already struggling system of someonee with CFS, there are less toxins that have to come out through the skin (which is also an eliminative organ.)

Love,

Alyssalyn