Does anyone else struggle?

Discussion in 'Weight Management' started by Rumiholistic, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Rumiholistic

Rumiholistic Member

Hi Guys,

I find it exceptionally difficult to stick to any type of weight loss scheme as I simply cannot do the exercise element. I have weeks of being able to go swimming/walking but then some ailment or another that comes under the CFS umbrella hits.
    How does everyone else do it? I have so many intolerances I can stick to the diet element 90% before boredom sets in and I lapse.

xx
  2. mbofov

mbofov Member

Hi Rumiholistic - I can't exercise at all, due to PEM. I wish I had weeks of being able to swim and walk but can only manage 20 minutes of very light swimming once a week or so - otherwise I crash. I was getting sick every other day for months as well, though that has eased off due to Moducare. But it was always something.

So I have to watch what I eat all day every day because it is so difficult for me to lose weight being so sedentary. I'm able to do this because it was so hard for me to lose weight, and took so long to do it, that there is no way in the world I want to go back. It's sort of like quitting smoking - it took me ten years of trying before I finally was able to quit so there is no way in the world I'm going to have "just one".

I used to have a picture of me which I did not like, but it showed my weight- and that was a definite motivator.

I guess it all comes down to motivation. I'm really motivated. I don't want to gain any weight. It's too hard to get it back off.

I wish I had the energy to cook more, to make more interesting foods - I eat the same stuff most every week. There are lots of interesting foods I could eat (and I think you too), which you could make with a just a bit of effort - e.g., fish dishes with ginger and garlic etc. But I have to conserve my energy so much, I do the bare minimum of cooking - generally some type of protein and vegie with each dinner, and maybe a little bit of carb - brown rice or quinoa.

So if you have the energy, try different recipes for the foods you can eat. I also weigh myself pretty regularly - it's too too easy to have weight creep back on ..... I would give anything to be able to exercise, I used to be so active physically, it almost hurts this forced inactivity.

You can lose weight, you just need to find your motivation (and maybe some interesting recipes). I read a story about Yul Brynner once. He was a heavy smoker and had given up trying to quit, until the day he was diagnosed with lung cancer, and then realized he could have quit at any time.

Good luck -

Mary
  3. mbofov

mbofov Member

Here's something I discovered last year - gazpacho! I'd never had it before and saw the receipe in the L.A. Times. It's very simple, delicious and you can eat as much as you want. It makes enough to last several days, and actually I'm going to make some in just a minute. I vary it a little - e.g., I don't have an English cucumber so will use a regular one, etc. And think I will add some celery too. So it's a bit of work, but once done, it's worth it. Also, I don't let it sit overnight before eating! No way ------

GAZPACHO (L.A. Times 7-14-12)

1 cup chopped red onions

1 cup chopped green bell pepper

1 cup chopped English cucumber

1 cup peeled and chopped tomatoes

1-1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic

1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon cayenne

1/4 cup tomato paste

1 tablespoon white wine vinegar

1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

3 cups tomato juice

Sprig of thyme

In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The next day, remove the thyme and blend the soup in a blander until it is smooth; you will have about 1-1/2 quarts of soup. For a smoother texture, strain the soup; this will yield slightly less than 1 quart.
  4. rockstar69

rockstar69 Gail

Hello,

I just started a diary... I am writing down everyday what I eat. I also have decided to purposely eat small meals throughout the day. Oatmeal for breakfast, almonds or celery with peanut butter for a snack and something like a small lean cuisine meal or frozen veggie dish for lunch. For dinner I am eating earlier before 6:00pm. Also drinking more water and less coffee or sweet drinks. I have been doing this for a few weeks and I feel like my stomach is satisfied. I know this will speed up my metabolism the food is being used to fuel my body instead of just storing it up like it was when I wasn't eating with a purpose. It just has been fun to journal and look back on the daily progress. I also have been taking time to enjoy my food and take a break in between bites. I always eat fast and I need to learn to enjoy it more. I have added other things to the list like if I exercised that day and what I did.
  5. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Since I started my Green Protein Drink over 3 weeks ago, do this for my breakfast.....haven't had oatmeal and peanut butter in all that time, I'm feeling much better...don't miss that Heavy oatmeal and fatty Pbutter.....

I'm not depriving myself, but getting those good greens and proteins in my 16 oz morning drink.....

I buy NO BREAD and make my protein sandwiches with lovely romaine lettuce leaves, all organic veggies...I do my best on that issue. jam
  6. rockstar69

rockstar69 Gail

Hi Jam,
    That sounds great! I think I might try taking the Ultimate Greens we sell https://www.prohealth.com/shop/product.cfm/product__code/PH304 so I don't deprive myself of getting enough good greens in my diet thanks for the reminder. The romaine lettuce veggie sandwich sounds good too. Thanks for sharing! Gail
  7. Labegglen

Labegglen Member

I have th same problem. I can eat healthily but the change is 2 ounces down, three ounces up. Very discouraging.

The only thing that worked was a vigorous aquatics clause and chiropathy.. Doing this I lost 35 pounds in 14 weeks. I know it hurt to go back to class but it started to be fun, even Zumba water class. Trust your body to the water. Even just walking in it.