Does anyone else sweat all the time ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bozey, Sep 8, 2005.

1. bozey

bozey New Member

I can be in a group of people and be the only one with sweat rolling off my forehead just sitting in a chair. Mostly it happens outside. If it is super hot and humid, it is really rediculous, I am clammy all over my body. My arms and legs get wet enough that if I cross my legs, my leg will slide off the other. Besides being embarrassing, I feel miserable when this happens.

I've been going through menopause for 5 years and quit taking medicine for hot flashes about a year ago. Mainly because I've been on different medications and can only afford so many.

Does anyone else get this bad with the heat? Even sitting in A/C, I can have a hot flash that gets just short of making me sick. And then other times when I'm in A/C for hours at a time, I'll have to go outside to warm up or turn off the A/C for awhile.

My internal thermostat is so broken and I don't know how to fix it. This problem is definately on my list for my Doc.

Thanks for listening.

bozey
  2. kcollins

kcollins New Member

Hi there - I had terrible sweating that I thought was related to FMS. When I stopped taking zoloft the sweating stopped. For me it was related to the medication I was on. I have heard this can be a side effect of many ssri antidepressants - what meds are you on?
    Take care,
    kathy
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

but I get it now when I'm in a lot of pain or after I take certain meds>
  4. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

I have this same issue, I sweat all the time hot or cold.

I have no solution just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

Christina
  5. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

and I am 31. I will be sweating for no reason what so ever. I asked my PT about it and he said place an ice pack in the middle of your back right where your bra strap is.

Let me tell you when I start the sweating, I put an ice pack there and it stops almost immediatly. I am so relieved I asked him to get that tip!
  6. bozey

bozey New Member

Kcollins, the only meds I am taking now is synthroid for hypothyroidism and ditropan for urine incontience. I do know that the ditropan can cause hot flashes but I am only on a maintenance dose of 10. Wish I could do without it but I will definately pee my pants without it.

lovin, I will have to try the ice pack thing

bozey
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2005]
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Probably menopause and Vicodin...but not necessarily. I can take Vicodin and not sweat or not take it and sweat or take it and sweat. I'm just sweaty...is that how you spell that?

Hate it!

Sue
  8. suemp

suemp New Member

Check you medicine side effects. Turned out my culprit was amitripyline. I hated to give it up because it really put me into a deep sleep that I needed. I quit and so did the sweating but now I haven't been able to find a sleep aid that works as well. Suemp
  9. sheried

sheried New Member

Mine was a combination of Effexor and post hysterectomy. I finally quit taking the Estratest (hormone) and am coming off the Effexor now.

If it is super hot and humid I still sweat like a stuck pig. But I can tell it is getting better.

Good luck on getting your "thermometer" fixed.

Hugs,
    Sherie
  10. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

But I ONLY sweat under my arms, it's very embarassing and uncomfortable, especially in winter when it's freezing and I have sweat dripping down my arms under 5 layers of clothes.

I'm much too young for menopause and it's not medication, I've had this since I was about 15 years old.
    I have tried everything and have found nothing that works.

Phoebe
  11. Lurlasgirl

Lurlasgirl New Member

but definitely more than other people!

Getting ready for work in the morning is a real challenge! By the time I take my shower, I'm sweating so hard, I can barely get makeup to stick! I usually quit sweating after I've been at work for a while, but the slightest exertion, and I'm started again! And they keep the temps in the building I work in pretty low!

And forget it, if I go outside! Of course it's been so humid here lately with Ophelia, that it's like a steam room anyway, but even without all that humidity ... I just "glow"

I wish I had some help - but at this point all I can do is commiserate! I'll try that ice pack thing though! Sounds good!
  12. mars_xmu

mars_xmu New Member

Check your ph level as you'll probably find that you are highly acidic, which could be a major factor in making you sweat a lot. You can test your levels using litmus paper: go fo a good brand as some of them will not show a good range of readings. Also do a search for acidic foods or symptoms of being acidic. And finally, nearly all drugs will make the blood acidic.
  13. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I have really bad problems with the sweating!!

It is a nightmare for me.I am 53 so I am in the menopause as well but I have been like this for 7 years now.

Any type of movement will cause me to absolutely drip with sweat and if I am out anywhere even for 2 mins I have to strip off as soon as I walk indoors.It also happens when I am just sitting down not moving and I spend most of my time taking my clothes off lol.
    The funny thing is I used to sweat really bad underarms and now I dont sweat there and the hairs underarm have STOPPED growing????

It is distressing though.
    I will try asking doc if it is anything to do with meds but I dont think it is.They dont seem to know either.
    And yet as soon as it gets a bit chilly I am freezing!!

HATE IT!!
    Rena

14. sofy

sofy New Member

I dont know the cause of your excessive sweating but I do know that when you start meno. and take estrogen to stop the sweats you are putting that part of meno. on hold. When you stop the hormone you start the meno. symptoms that you started taking them for.

I stopped taking premarin 3 years ago and the hot flashes immediately started and 3 years later they are still here. I understand meno can take 10 years for some women. Yikes!! Ive made up my mind to just keep on sweating and hope its over soon.

Do follow up on the advice above but dont discount that it might just be what I call "old lady moments". Definately talk to your doc about it. If nothing else it can relieve your mind that its not anything serious.

When I sweat like that I try to visualize that all the toxins are being eliminated by my body. May be a fantasy but it keeps me from running back to the dangerous HRT's
    Good Luck