Does anyone else think our immune systems are weak?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I have fms and it seems like I can't stay well for more than a day.

I have tonsillitis now and I just got over some other crud going around. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Well I better go before my hubby finds me out of bed when dr said to stay in bed.

Thanks Pam
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

My immune system uses so much energy fighting toxic chemicals that it doesn't have much left to fight off viruses or bacteria.
  3. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I think they're usually out of balance. In my case I never get bacterial infections (haven't taken an antibiotic for 30 years) but I'm very susceptible to viruses like colds, flus, EBV, etc.

I started using homepathics when I feel the least bit like I'm fighting something and have had amazing results over the years.

Jan
  4. CTuit

CTuit New Member

I'd be pretty sure almost everyone with fibro has problems with their immune system, its also more common for them to have other diseases like Rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
  5. 139864

139864 New Member

Hi Pam
    I have been dx.ed with many autoimmune diseases one of them being Primary Biliary Cirrhosis .
    Quite recently the researchers who have been testing on mice have come to the conclusion that it is certain chemicals that are able to distort the immune system .
    They are now doing tests on twenty different chemicals and their ability to distort the immune system and then they will be classifying them .
    If you were to do a search on PUB MED and enter Chemical / immune You will probably find it there
    I am new to these boards so please tell me ...am I allowed to put links that I think are relevant ..for other members ?
    Thank you for reading
    Best Wishes
    Brenda UK
  6. lea

lea Member

Waht homeopathic remedies are you using.
    thank you
    ane
  7. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

At the first sign of a cold or virus (like sneezing, swollen glands, scratchy throat) I take Aconite 30x or 30c. I also use Ferrum Phos in 30x or 30c potency. Both are readily available at health food stores. I use them every couple of hours till the symptoms disappear.

I like a combination remedy called Cold Calm by Boiron if I do start getting more symptoms. During flu season I take Boiron's Oscillococcinum once a week. The years I have done that I've never gotten the flu and I don't get flu shots.

Rhus Tox and Arnica are great for arthritis/FM symptoms. I usually take them on alternating days and can really feel a difference if I forget.

Jan

8. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

Whenever I get what I think is a cold or flu, I use colloidal silver and it really helps.

Kelli
  9. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Sorry that you have to deal with tonsillitis. For some reason, I don't get sick that often when my kids come down with something. I am pretty lucky like that, I call it my "mommy immunity". I do get colds sometimes but not as often as others. I rarely get the flu, maybe once a year, or less.

Mine is mostly fatique related, sore muscles and yeast problems. I did used to get sore throats much more often, but they have subsided. Frequent headaches.

Hope you are able to get out of bed soon. Take good care of yourself. Kim :)
  10. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I really appreciate the advice from all of you.

Pam
  11. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

Pam
  12. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

Pam
  13. TerryS

TerryS Member

Hi Pam! As far as myself, I believe my immune system is not weak; rather it's DYSFUNCTIONAL. I have all kinds of positive antibodies that shouldn't be there...as do an awful lot of people on this board.

I know what you mean...I'm also sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

TerryS
  14. lea

lea Member

How do you decide between the 30c or 30x as they are completely different?
    Also, do you take the rhus tox in a cream/gel or how, please?
    thank you for all of your help.

Lea
  15. hermione1355

hermione1355 New Member

If I get an infection or illness; last longer than it should and I tend to get a multitude of stuff with it.

Once I went in for an ear infection, had a respiratory infection, & a kidney infection too...
  16. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi=i have to agree about the DYSFUNCTIONAL immune system!
    On a routine ct scan for other things, had a large mass in center of my chest. Turned out to be a MARKEDLY enlarged THYMUS GLAND, whih is a tiny gland behind the breastbone that is active in children but pretty much shrivels up to nothing in an adult. Mine was so enlarged it was pushing on organs in there! One autoimmune disorder that this shows up in is myasthenia gravis, but it almost always signifies SOME type of autoimmune disorder if it is enlarged.
    This is actually my defense in the LTD case who want to go w/ the 2 yr mental clause--this showed up on bone scans, etc. 2 years before being removed, about the same time as the daily low grade fevers, etc. To me, and most educated people (NOT LTD idiots) no one is CRAZY enough to enlarge their thymus gland with depression and anxiety, it just doesn't happen!
    Others have mentioned this incidental finding, also!
    Have a great day--L
  17. wrthster

wrthster New Member

There is no doubt that FMS, CFS, and Lyme create havic and imbalance with in our bodies. The public and doctors are so ignorant when it comes to this.

The scare truth is that are bodies basically have become "dumping ground" for infections, metals, and a lot of other things. I think it is a combination of a pathogen or several combined with genetic pre-disposition and an environmental trigger.

I think in years to come, you will see that many of these diseases will be traced to infections that may have gone untreated.

I am curious to learn more about the prior post and homepathics. It is a great form of medicine and very safe. Do you use a homepathic practicioner?