DOES ANYONE EVER BECOME NAUSEATED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nje, Sep 8, 2002.

1. nje

nje New Member

I GET NAUSEATED NEARLY EVERY DAY SOMETIMES 3 OR 4 TIMES,I ALSO TAKE A GOOD PILL FOR IT IF ANYONE ELSE HAS IT,ITS CALLED TIGAN,IT IS A MIRACLE DRUG FOR NAUESEA,BUT I WAS REALLY HOPING TO HEAR IF ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCES THIS LIKE I DO, I FEEL LIKE IT GOES ALONG WITH HAVING FIBRO,IF ANYONE COULD GIVE ME FEED BACK ON IT I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. NJE
  2. nje

nje New Member

I GET NAUSEATED NEARLY EVERY DAY SOMETIMES 3 OR 4 TIMES,I ALSO TAKE A GOOD PILL FOR IT IF ANYONE ELSE HAS IT,ITS CALLED TIGAN,IT IS A MIRACLE DRUG FOR NAUESEA,BUT I WAS REALLY HOPING TO HEAR IF ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCES THIS LIKE I DO, I FEEL LIKE IT GOES ALONG WITH HAVING FIBRO,IF ANYONE COULD GIVE ME FEED BACK ON IT I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. NJE
  3. Dawnt

Dawnt Member

I had just posted my legs were my biggest problem..well nausea comes in second. It's like morning sickness all the time. I don't vomit too often but I do take phenegran for when I can't eat any more crackers. I think it works but I end up sleeping for 12 hours so I'm not sure. Does Tigan make you sleepy?

Dawn
  4. Jillian40

Jillian40 New Member

NJE, yes I had bad nausea back about 6 months ago, but now have found the source and have 90% relief.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're suffering from this, it can be so very life altering. Personally, it turned me off to food and to eating. I lost weight and became very obsessive as to what I ate and when.

Before I explain my situation, I have a couple of questions.
    Did you start feeling nauseous after changing any routines, such as new meds, or eating richer foods, etc? Do you have actual stomach problems or have you been diagnosed with acid reflux or ulcers? Do you yourself think that any of these things could be the issue? The reason I ask is because we must become our own doctor, meaning that if you have any hunches, share these with your primary doctor and see if they're willing to refer you for a specific test.
    How about tenderness in your diaphragm muscle? It runs from the right to left side, just below your rib cage.

My situation was a lot of tenderness in the diaphragm muscle, including the gall bladder area on the far right side. I would get esp sick after eating cheese, the rich expensive kind or anything deep fried. (I have since learned that I have a mold allergy) Anyway, even though the cheese was a factor, the real underlying issue was that I had trigger points/tight muscle spasms all along the diaphragm muscle. I too would get sick each day, sometimes once, other days 3-4 times. So, what significantly relieved my issues was having a D.O. work on me who is board certified in visceral manipulation. Massage Therapists could also have addressed this for me, esp the ones who do myofascial release techniques. Amazingly, after about 5-6 sessions, worth every cent, I now have only about 10% of the symptoms of nausea (and choking).

Well, hun this is my story, don't know if it is of any help to you, but I do hope that God blesses you in the coming week(s) and you get some solid answers. It may not be something that you need to put up with. Trust your intuition, read as much as you can, post a bunch more, and pray, pray, pray.

Bless You, .............. Jillian

5. mumsiej

mumsiej New Member

Hi NJE,

I have a place on my neck that is like a vomit button. I get really intense pain in this one spot and if I don't take Phenergen immediately I start vomiting.
    That nausea really makes you green. Sorry to hear you have to deal with it, but I do think it is part of the fibro symptoms.

Mumsie
  6. glendamarie22

glendamarie22 New Member

although I only vomit about half the time with it. I usually have dizziness along with it. It's terrible. No one has ever prescribed Tigan for me........I'd also like to know if it makes you sleepy so I can ask a doc about it. Is it expensive?
    ~Glenda
  7. Dara

Dara New Member

then is followed by intense irritable bowel pain, sometimes break out in hives and end up having to lay on the bathroom floor because I'm too weak to get up. I feel it is a reaction to some food perservatives because it happens almost every time I eat in a restaurant. The doctor feels I am allergic to sulphites which is in just about all processed foods. There are mornings when I get up and am in really intense pain that I am nauseated, I think that is caused from the pain. Is the Tigan you take for nausea a prescription or something over the counter?

Dara
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2002]
  8. dlizard

dlizard New Member

yes... I've had more than ever! I can't set a pattern with this nausea, but I definately get it! Ususally once a day and it seems to come with dizziness! Good luck!
  9. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

I get nauseated all the time, especially when I get one of my headaches. Worse feeling in the world is to have a major headache and be calling dinosaurs in the toilet...LOL! Just my twisted humor! Sometimes being humorous about things is the only way I can cope.
    Hope you get better!

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  10. rge

rge New Member

I used to have constant nausea that would get worse at times but now that I stopped all fluorodated water and foods as much as I can it is GONE

If you think fluoride might be your problemjust test it !!
    Drink decaf green tea - it has a LOT of F - and by the way make it with F water for a good dose
    rge