Does anyone ever experience numbness..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gingareeree, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

around the mouth area,almost feels like novacaine that's wearing off. I've started having this every now and then. I don't have high blood pressure,so I hope it's not stroke related. Any thoughts about this?~~Jeanne~~
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

Bump for you because I am experiencing it too! I am very nervous about it

I don't have high blood pressure either In fact, my blood pressure is low my cholestral is good

I don't know what the heck it is

I have FMS and CFS

I am going to a neurologist in 2 weeks for other things, so I will address this also
    [This Message was Edited on 06/03/2009]
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

Bump for more responses

Thank you
  4. meedmo42

meedmo42 New Member

Don't have it around the mouth, but my fingers and parts of my hands....also sometimes the outside upper thigh area of my legs...go numb and you can run your hands over the area and there is no feeling. My information says that when a trigger point nerve loses it's sensitivity, it causes numbness....common with Fibro. Sort of like having temporary blockage in a nerve.
  5. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

for your input. I have a cervical disc compression as well as a cervical instablity,so maybe it's connected to that,oh well I'll try not to worry! Have a good day to all!~~Jeanne~~
  6. Empower

Empower New Member

I have cervical problems also and I am having the same problems as you!

I wonder how they are related??
  7. jbsfms

jbsfms New Member

What led me to the diagnosis of FMS was the fact that I woke up with one side of my face numb...and I was drooling in class. (I returned to to college in my 40s and as I had finals,
    term papers, and research work I was stressed to the max... it was insidious and didn't realize the tension until I became frightened that I would stroke out.

For me...and only me...when numbness and drooling occur I know I must take care of the situation and de-stress and take care of me.