Does anyone experience red ears and face?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tired2007, Mar 15, 2007.

1. tired2007

tired2007 New Member

Hi. I was wondering if anyone else experiences periods when their face and ears get really red and feel like they are burning? My entire body can be cold, but all of a sudden my ears and face get beet red and they feel so hot. This can last any where from a few minutes to a couple of hours and then totally disappears.
    Also, does anyone in the Western NY State area know of a good doctor to see for FM? I am not 100% pleased with the care I am getting, but can't seem to find a doctor or a Rheumatologist who will treat me. Thanks.
  2. 4peas

4peas New Member

I don't know the answer, but maybe someone else can help. I would love to know too, as DH has his ears become bright red and start burning quite often. Lee
  3. suzannekart

suzannekart New Member

I have had this happen to me many times. Most often it is my ears that are the worst. I hve tried to connect it with something but can't put my finger on it. I do notice when I get neck and shoulder pain, as when I stay at the keyboard too long, it seems to end up in burning, painful, red ears. You are right the burning is really painful.

I hope someone has some feedback for you. I will be watching this thread to find out.

Thank you for posting this question. Suzanne
  4. Ginner

Ginner New Member

ANYTIME I would get stressed even a teeny bit..red face, red ears. Been off of work, 3 mos. sleep, rest when needed, upset one time, red face,red ears..I don't know if it meds contribute. I take effexor, ambien, darvocet, flexiril.
  5. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

That used to happen to me as well. It would be 30 below outside and my ear would be scarlet and very, very hot. Felt like a "hot flash" in the ear lol Have no idea what caused it, and it now only happens once or twice a year.
  6. jmq

jmq New Member

yes..face, ears and neck. Very flushed and hot to the touch skin. Sometimes it happens when I am upset or worked up about something...some times it happens for no reason.( I have FMS too )
    jmq
  7. gottalaugh

gottalaugh New Member

Don't know if you are male or female :) - but this can be a menopausal symptom. Sometimes hot flashes are in the head/ears only, not always from the chest up.
  8. tired2007

tired2007 New Member

Thanks for your reply. What cream do you use?
  9. tired2007

tired2007 New Member

Thanks for your reply. I haven't been able to pin point any reason for this, either. Sometimes I will get ready for bed and go out to the livingroom to watch TV and it will just happen. Don't notice any rash or anything. Just the hot/buring sensation and the redness. Thank goodness it doesn't happen a lot (couple times a week)!
  10. tired2007

tired2007 New Member

Thanks for your reply. I haven't been able to pin point any reason for this, either. Sometimes I will get ready for bed and go out to the livingroom to watch TV and it will just happen. Don't notice any rash or anything. Just the hot/buring sensation and the redness. Thank goodness it doesn't happen a lot (couple times a week)!
  11. tired2007

tired2007 New Member

I am female and almost 43. Doctor says this may be a menopause thing as well. Weird! Thanks for your reply.
  12. woofmom

woofmom New Member

There's a good possibility that chemicals are causing this. Aspartame turned my face and chest bright red. Now fragrances and MSG cause this sometimes. Magnesium, selenium and Vitamin E help.
  13. tired2007

tired2007 New Member

Thanks for the info. Will try it.