Does anyone feel full all the time?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Vitter, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Vitter

Vitter New Member

I feel extremely full all the time no matter how little I eat. Even when I am hungry the littlest bit of food makes me full. You would think I would be loosing weight, but I am not. I don't know if it is the meds I am on or maybe because I am perimenopausal.

I am currently taking a multi vitamin, climara patch (estrogen), zinc and toprol.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/06/2007]
  2. maryl

maryl New Member

If your dr. permits, try some zantac 75. It helps me. It's not just for heartburn as many believe. Or maybe tums will do the trick. Feel better. Mary
  3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I realized just yesterday that I eat like a kid with a mouth full of brussel sprouts. You know what I mean? I chew and chew in the front of my mouth, with such a weary look on my face, until I can make myself swallow.

Peace out,
    rafiki
  4. survivor13

survivor13 New Member

hi there
    i too eat like a bird, can feel hungry then by the time iv eaten two or three forkfulls im really full and cant manage another mouthful. i think its the medication myself as lots of them inhibit appetite. also, just a thought when we are in so much pain it tends to knock the appetite right out of you so its difficult. we have so much to contend with and need to eat properley to stay healthy. my husband really worries about the amount that i eat but i cant eat if im not hungry or feel full so its definitely a difficult one.
    sorry iv been no help,just agree with you....xxxxxx......
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Yes, I've had the problem and getting better. Actually, I am better later in the day. Have you been checked for gallstones?

I had them for years and it is common for doctors not to diagnose them. They can show all sorts of symptoms - not just like the typical textbook cases.

I was easily nauseated, could only tolerate small amounts of food, then felt full. I didn't even like the smell of food cooking in the house.

It only takes a 10 minute ultrasound to see if you have stones if you think you could have them.

I had my gallbladder out last November, laparascopic surgery and am so glad. It was indeed making me sick. I was even getting swollen lymph nodes around my body.
  6. Vitter

Vitter New Member

Thanks for your reply, I have often wandered about the gallbladder. I will ask my doctor.

7. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

No.

I eat but do not feel nourished.

June