Does anyone feel ok one minute and very disoriented the next?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hurley63, Jan 13, 2003.

1. hurley63

hurley63 New Member

I can be fine one minute then all of a sudden feel like I am stoned and very disoriented like where the h---! am I and what the heck was I doing? What is this it's a very weird feeling!
    Rita
  2. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Yes, I do that Rita, it always surprises me when it happens, its like a short circuit or something.

Another similar thing happens too, I am feeling fairly good one moment, and then out of the blue-- a wave of feeling ill, suddenly runs over me.

Sure makes it hard to plan anything....when you never know whats around the corner.

LL
  3. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I do this also especially around the house. I will be doing one task then see something else that needs to be done and then something else. Well, sometimes I just go lay down because my head hurts trying to think of the one thing I need to do most. I cannot organize-I forget why I go into a room. It is not any fun. Today I got lost coming home and nothing looked familar and I was on a street that I see everyday.
    Sincerely, Vicky
  4. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Between that and pain, I finally had to quit working.
    It's so strange because sometimes I can actually feel it begin to wash over me as it starts. One minute great, the next non-functioning.

Now how does that make us crazy if we were actually fine to begin with??

Susan B.
  5. VickyB

VickyB New Member

When I tell my husband about my fibro moments, he says I do that too and I am normal. He says everybody does that, you just worry too much. Then I wonder if he is right? I always feel so unsure about this whole fms thing. What do you think and why does everyone else's symptoms here sound so familiar?
    Vicky
  6. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

At first, I blamed it on the drugs, but it doesn't seem to matter whether I have taken them or not. It's almost like being stone cold sober one moment, and the next moment feeling like you just drank a fifth of whatever. It can be pretty scary if I am out alone.
    Kathryn
  7. KailaK

KailaK New Member

Also have a problem completing task. I will skip from one task to another and feel so overwhelmed that I don't know which one to work on. I'll go and lay down and rest before I can complete my chore. Disorientation (more like a fog?) Last week grabed the trash can opened the ice box and as I was about to toss it I realized what I was doing.
  8. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I was thinking that same thought yesterday and read this.... found it interesting....
    the army using"go pills" for the air force stated this research..... 18 hours of wakefulness is equal to the reactions of .05 blood alcohol level...if we aren't sleeping is this causing this????? something else to think about! Good luck!
  9. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Rita,
    Well youre not on your own girlfrend,me too!
    Its quite scary but usual with this DD unfortunately.
    Ive had times where ive felt fine then wham,i feel like ive been hit by a bus.
    Hang on in there were all thinkin of ya honeybunny.youre in my prayers ok,im here if you 1nt to mail me.
    Either on here or sharondawber@hotmail.com.
    Very gentle hugs to you
    sharond(uk)
  10. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Rita,
    Well youre not on your own girlfrend,me too!
    Its quite scary but usual with this DD unfortunately.
    Ive had times where ive felt fine then wham,i feel like ive been hit by a bus.
    Hang on in there were all thinkin of ya honeybunny.youre in my prayers ok,im here if you 1nt to mail me.
    Either on here or sharondawber@hotmail.com.
    Very gentle hugs to you
    sharond(uk)
  11. hurley63

hurley63 New Member

I am so glad that I found this message board,I feel so alone;sometimes. My husband is always seems like he's to busy to mess with me trying to take care of 11 semi's and I am always me myself & I in the house until I pick my little boy up from school.I wish I could get this chat board to work for me, don't know what the prob. is any suggestions!Again thanks everyone for being so helpful and nice.
    Lots of hugs to you all!
    Rita
    e-mail hurley63@shawneelink.net
    [This Message was Edited on 01/14/2003]